How do I bind Alt Z?

I have removed the bind for hide UI, how do I bind Alt Z the game seems to ignore it… I cannot even rebind the hide UI.

I have bound Z, shift-z, ctrl-z, now I want Alt-Z

My left hand is damaged and reach is limited, I want to concentrate keys close to that hand, and z x c are very usefull, I can do alt-z with one finger on keyboard. I want to be able to use it.

look through the Keybindings and you will notice ALT-Z is bound to hide UI …change that bind to something else that you will remember and then you can Bind alt-z to whatever you want

Yes I removed that binding, it still wont let me bind that button, just Alt-Z though.

Weird. I’m not sure.

What have you tried? What are you experiencing?

You should be able to select Main Menu > Key Bindings > click on any of the keys you’d like to bind > Press Alt-Z, then Okay, and that should bind it for you.

Alt z is the default key bind to bring up the Nvidia gaming overlay if you have an Nvidia graphics card. It’s possible that is interfering with it.

1 Like

Consider all the other options listed in this thread first, and if none of them work out,t hen consider this.

You may be required to use a Registry editing tool to fix this problem.

One I have used in the past for flight simulators in order to get a lot more controls was a little piece of software called Sharp keys.

Its dead simple and allows you to remap your keyboard to do exactly what you wish with it, this will circumvent the restrictions that the wow key map imposes on you.

I give this a 90% chance to work for you, but you will not know unless you try it out.

1 Like

This was going to be my suggestion! Interested to know if OP fixes their problem and what the solution is

Uninstalled the GeForce Experience, solved the problem, thankyou people.

2 Likes

I know this is an Old Thread, But I just want to mention that You don’t need to do like:

[Zezetop]
28 Dwarf Paladin

“Uninstalled the GeForce Experience, solved the problem, thankyou people.”

But instead All You Need to do is change GeForce Experience Settings by Pressing alt z going to settings and then go to keyboard shortcuts and highlight where it says alt z by left clicking on it and then changing the keybind to Ctrl Z or whatever Keybind it allows you to do certain button presses don’t work But I found Ctrl Z works well and doesn’t replace any of the keybindings. I also changed Recording to Alt F2 because it’s easier than the default Alt F9. Hopes this helps.

2 Likes