How do i Avoid "Convoke the Spirits" as a Warrior?

I’ve seen Convoke literally chunk a healer in 1 tick.

Please dude, no single button should be this powerful.

Even Greater Pyroblast isn’t this powerful.

1 Like

Spell reflect, fear, pummel, storm bolt. As soon as they are out it’s basically game over cause you are going to eat them like the chicken they are.

It is kinda RNG, but the fact it can 100-0 someone within 1s is broken. Same with the Ret Paladin RNG with Toll judgement. I’ve been KO’d from 35k to 0 in 0.8 seconds thanks to that RNG.

There are multiple ways to counter it. I don’t think it’s like an auto win button. If you play with a pet class some of the convoke spells hit the pets also.

This also indicates that you have to sit druid as soon as the player is out of stealth, which may be out of range for charge so good luck I guess? Haha

If you are under 1800 / not at that skill level / your team is not at that skill level the reality is that you hope to kill one of the other team’s players before your team dies.

Setting up a convoke without risk of interrupt is much easier than playing perfectly to shut it down.

The problem is that even if you successfully counter it, it can still kill off your partner, or chunk a very large portion of their health, more so than any other spells. It starts instantly when the button is pressed, can be used popping right out of stealth or from a LoS spot to make counters even more awkward.

I’ve literally Mind Freeze’d Convokes before the 2nd ticks and still lost my partner to them.

Anyone defending this :poop: is dumb. Period. Flag my post, report and get me banned for saying it.

Every time I use spell reflect on it, always gets peeled by a Moon fire.

In my limited a non-highly rated experience, you have a 50/50 chance of survival OP. Either you interrupt em quick enough when you know the setup is happening. Or you cannot reach the target since they setup the convoke and you can’t survive the burst.

If you survive it though, some Boomkins don’t know what to do after folks survive so it’s an easy kill afterwords. It’s a quick lose or win it feels like most of the time.

I think it’s really good against low skill players. Maybe that is the issue here. I think Ret healing is way more busted than convoke.

Roots is actually not good, due to the whole not casting on targets affecting by CC.

It’s also really good against high skilled players, because it’s so deadly and requires immediate attention and requires holding back from using CC to deal with other potential deadly abilities.

Let’s not kid ourselves, if you defend this design, you’re basically a massive Blizzard apologist.

I don’t know if I would even say that, we saw it work in AWC. Worse, we saw it draw out a lot of defenses just by using incarn cool down. That says something about how strong it is at all levels.

Agreed on the Ret healing, and even holy paladin. After what we saw in the tournament, we’ll most likely see some adjustments on their healing.

except when u trinket it and cant interrupt the covoking druids for the first 1-2 secs lol

Same thing happens with Combust, or Wings, or Dark Soul, or Xuen + WoO. Classes do a lot of damage right now. Convoke isn’t the only thing that kills people in 2-3 seconds.

So, same thing doesn’t happen with those. Because they aren’t as immediately deadly.

Not as much as Convoke.

Dude, like stop. Stop being a forum troll. You don’t even believe this :poop: you’re typing right now.

Just interrupt 4head. Pummel has a 45 yrd range doesn’t it?

Note deliberate sarcasm aimed at the swath of responses to Convoke “counter-play” which involve simply interrupting it.

Charge has a 25 yrd range, Convoke hits from 45 yrds.
16 hits in 4s, that’s one every 0.25s, it takes ~0.5s just for the stealth animation to drop, then you need to close 20 yrds, then you need to charge, then you need to Pummel.
Honestly speaking during that time they have got off at least 8 of those spells if not more. (Remember they can simply counter-play you by walking backwards as you are trying to close)

If you try and leap into Charge to make that quicker (leap still doesn’t quite have the 45 yrd range) you have already lost because now you have no reliable way to stay on the Druid.

1 Like

All of those things you just listed require the player to actually align abilities to go along with the bonus damage - convoke does not require that, it does everything for you.

Are you saying - giving a ret 16 free damaging abilities in 4 seconds would still be appropriate?

Edit: Oh and then at the end you get wings and your finishing moves occur with no holy power cost for ~5 seconds.

Your best bet is when you see the spell being cast to probably rallying cry and hammer stun the druid the best you can.

Alright man, just keep dying to an ability that has multiple easy ways to outplay then complain here. Seems way easier than getting better at the game anyways. Good luck.