How Different Will Fresh Be?

It’s not about phase 4-5, it’s about the drop off at phase 5. For many players, their fun stops there.

1. pvp gets worse
  2. wpvp dies
  3. they dont care about AQ/NAXX

Not everyone plays wow to collect gear and parse in raids. All of the good stuff happens before p5

3 Likes

Nothing will ever be like 2004 and nothing will ever be like 2019.
A new “fresh” would be much more like SOM at this moment.

A new “fresh” would be much more like SOM at this moment.

Hm that is truly debate for some several reasons, the most notably being that a large portion of classic’s playbase doesn’t want to rush through SoM and that TBC/WotLK was to popular.

It should fair better now

Not sure this could be considers “fresh” but I’d like to see a true hard core realm with limited items grey/white and one can only get buffs from others and not scrolls. So could one live without any enchantments, blue, purple or gold items or even rings? A true hardcore realm.

That’s a tough ask since there is currently disagreement on what is actually hardcore.

After more than 14 years of waiting & wanting to see a hardcore realm, I finally got my wish. However, players are not following the rules on this realm by using enchanted items and buffs. Just so others know the hardcore player can only use what they find, buy or trade (grey or white items) and they can not use their talent tree either. I do not like that Blizzard has left buffs as part of the hardcore realm but I guess I shouldn’t complain.

Because the initial leveling rush is the best wpvp time for a server for the brief window where it’s not bored Naxx geared people ganking lowbies.

I think a certain type of player would be happy to be on a brand new fresh re-launch of classic that is going to progress through. The private server community showed that these people exist and are all too happy to do the same thing again and again on new servers. Keep the server counts low, use the tech to link servers like era, and don’t cap them at 5K players or whatever it was.

Will it be more casual? I really don’t think so. Classic is the least casual of the versions of WoW I have played by a long shot. The game had to dangle carrots in front of geared players from TBC on to get them to not raid log. There is always something you could be doing in Classic outside of raiding.

The turbo nerd speed clear min/max guilds would be the type that I would expect would play it simply because that is the “game” to them. It seems to be far less about being 15/15 Naxx than how fast they can clear it and how high they can parse. It would be interesting to know what Blizzard’s thoughts on this are, and maybe when WotLK is coming to a close they would say something about it.

Never cave to phreshers

I am not sure fresh is what you think. Most of fresh is going back into mc and ony with gear in mc and ony and late game dungeon stuff.

Any new server can be fresh if they did a vanilla plus or tbc plus or a rotational speed server it would have that fresh feel. But if they just have a clone of current vanilla people will meet mc and ony and be ok with it but once they get to aq40 and naxx they will prefer the server with the rank14 and naxx geared people over progression.

If they did a fresh which would just be vanilla I wouldn’t start there knowing that. I would if they did vanilla plus or a pre-tbc server. I think if not tbc we would need new retro raids. It can be done we have examples of games which kept the same gameplay but with slightly different mechanics or better quality of life.

With plus new gear might be added to maybe help the meme specs maybe in addition to tbc talents, or hybrid vanilla-tbc talents.

But I am not sure unless tbc private servers grow large enough they might not do tbc plus, and I am not sure I will risk it because well I like casual wrath pugs and vanilla raids. And does blizzard ban people for playing on a private server on a non-blizzard covered expansion.

Nothing in blizzards rule set says anything about world buffs or enchants.

There should be. Blizzard needs to stipulate a bit more rules, instead of just allowing a 1 death rule and that’s not what hardcore is about. A “true” hardcore player can either use grey or white items and I’ll allow buffs on yourself, but no buffs can be placed on other players unless they are within your group. So Again, Blizzard you need to create a better more detail list of rules… because I’m not liking others who claim to hardcore, are using green blue, purple and gold items.

What you are describing is Ironman. Not even the add on that gained popularity recently adds the stipulations you deem as Hardcore.

2 Likes

This is your perspective. I feel that hardcore mode is “do not die”. The Ironman (which you are describing) is a variation of the mode, as is SSF and the new official “one life” variant.
The theme for the server has been set, and although I feel like you do on the difficulties … it is what it is.
You can still play Ironman on the new server, I’ll be playing the current SSF as I like the rules for my solo character. I think it’ll all work out. Launch will be a madhouse though, and I haven’t seen any updates on tagging and respawn times of named quest mobs. It may be difficult to tag as a solo during the rush.