How did you choose your main?

Been playing this game since beta for vanilla, basically only PvP, and have never had a main. Not sure I ever will, I guess.

Anyone with a similar problem, how’d you choose? What do you love about your class?

3 Likes

Well I’ve always been a huge altaholic, but really enjoyed coming back to affliction with the introduction of the jinx talent. I also hit my peak on it and am really curious to see how far i can push it, as i never thought id hit 2k in anything

So i guess progress is the reason i chose to stick with it, and the general class fantasy blah blah, but i will always mess with alts to a degree

3 Likes

By how edge lord they can be

2 Likes

It’s pretty easy I just pick what’s currently strongest.

5 Likes

I thought it was cool that enh had duel wield and were berserk like. I also liked the support aspect of the spec and that it could deal both magic and melee damage.

1 Like

I started playing in BC, it was my first MMO experience and I had no idea what I was doing. I rolled hunter and actually tried to play a DW Survival melee build, my guild convinced me to roll war after a few raids. Wrath I fell in love with Unholy, kept going between arms/unholy till BFA when I decided to give official melee Surv a try and haven’t looked back (except when I get tilted at how much it gets ignored at times by blizz).

1 Like

I found a mog that I liked then somebody asked if I’d press intervene on them.

3 Likes

I two shot 8 people and knew it was meant to be

3 Likes

Something that can 1v1 a warlock and live to tell the tale

1 Like

Lost a duel to a frost mage in Cata. Wizarding ever since

1 Like

Lost a bet back in cata and the punishment was to make an alt of the class/spec I hated the most.

Nerf dh tho

1 Like

All the people I played with at the end of vanilla all had mains, and all played Alliance. They told me they wanted a shaman, so I made a shaman when bc launched. Never really looked back. Not really sure why.

I’ve always side mained a paladin, but my “main” main, will always be my shaman.

1 Like

I think I started in tbc and I’ve never had a main hehehe

1 Like

The game isnt fun enough to warrant me doing the same stuff over again on more than one character, plus Ive done everything on this one character since late Wrath

1 Like

Deus vult.

1 Like

i just like purple

3 Likes

This character is the one I’ve main’d since TBC. Before that doesn’t really matter.

I was watching the TBC trailer which featured a draenei retribution paladin wielding Hammer of the Naaru. I thought that character looked awesome, I made one, and haven’t looked back since!

The only difference between then and now is that now I’m bald and have spent way too much time in the sun.:wink:

3 Likes

Weird way of hiding the fact that you’re now a demon.

2 Likes

I came from runescape in vanilla where a friend of mine told me paladins could use seals to evoke religious magic and depending on the seal smite their opponent for different effects, hunters were archers & rogues were thieves.

So I made a dwarf hunter after watching the trailer until I realized rogue had throwing weapons from level 1 & hunters couldn’t do anything with a throwing weapon. Kinda never turned back. Priest was my 2nd class to make finding groups easier.

2 Likes

I choosed Elemental Shaman 20 years ago (lolwtf) in Vanilla Beta and never played another class/specc.

I remember reading an article (before the game came out) that shamans could summon huge elementals together. I didn’t realize that they were talking about the NPC shaman in Alterac that can summon that huge stone elemental if you gather enough blood from enemies :smile:

Idk. I just liked it from start on and never had the urge to switch.

Although I have to say that Ele was the best before he became this stupid lava burst spam thing.
Cata/MoP for live!

PvP only btw.

2 Likes