How did all the TBC classic problems start? The answer is simple

And then not play because there isn’t enough alliance…

There was plenty of alliance at the end of vanilla lol wot

WoW had over 200% more population at the original TBC launch than today. (And that comparison includes retail).

If you increased the classic player base by 200% - server issues would go away.

Even if you kept the imbalance.

Let’s do a simple math problem to illustrate why that is irrelevant.

Let’s say 90% of people play horde.
Only 10% alliance.

In 2006 - there was roughly 8 million subs.

This means there would be 800,000 people playing alliance - enough players to fuel multiple servers regardless of low popularity.

In classic - there is roughly 484k daily active players.

That means only 48,000 alliance players. Enough to only fuel a handful of servers.

Just because you didn’t feel these problems in TBC due to sheer population size - doesn’t mean they didn’t exist.

TBC still had dead servers, even in its heyday.

People were transferring to bigger servers to make sure they had the best chance to get groups and guilds as much as today.

Only difference is some guilds going for world firsts transferred to low pop servers because of issues with ping.

2 Likes

Yes. I know this.

My figures were to just point out “dead servers” would be more prominent today than in 2006 - even if faction balance was identical.

if classic started out with double the population then people would demand 81 servers instead of 41 and we would have 40 dead servers instead of 20.

The overall player base is older, more experienced and willing to spend 30 bucks to not suffer the LF1M Tank syndrome on a low pop server.

1 Like

I hope you’re not serious. New players aren’t coming to the game because it’s an old game that take a lot of time. Most people don’t really want that.

1 Like

That too.

100% agreed.

Blizzard should have stuck to their guns, kept the 6 servers they had and sharded the crap out of them

I think GKPDs (or whatever you call them) are dumb. I thought boosting was dumb. I think character boosts was dumb. That being said, it’s the best for the health of the game. Otherwise, more people would have quit or even tried to come back. Think of all the guild re-rolls, guilds recruiting their retail friends to help out fill their ranks because they’re having problems filling rosters.

I don’t like the culture of the game now either. But, I also know that without these things, our guild might have fallen apart a long time ago - as would many other guilds.

1 Like

or the games 15 yeards old and “you think you do but you don’t” was mostly true. the game needed #changes and #lit WAP song of year ya know?

The tank issue is not solved by going to a mega server, never has been. These servers jam pack full of groups looking for tanks (or sometimes healers) or DPS looking for groups. There have also been many threads from people on mega servers complaining about tank shortages.

I’ll admit there are benefits to getting faster groups overall but these servers have never once been perfectland where everything is cupcakes and rainbows and everyone is happy and holding hands and singing songs. Be honest at least.

Source, please?

Does it matter? Even if it was 60-40…
The 40% would be dead now in comparison to 2006.

If you want to be taken seriously, yes… Don’t make up numbers.

How to say “I didn’t read what you typed” without actually saying “I didn’t read what you typed”

Your post didn’t illustrate much of anything tangible. Tossing in made-up numbers didn’t help.

Assuming I didn’t read it didn’t help, either.

Clearly you didn’t read it.

It was a demonstration in the fact that there could be less population issues with the same level (or even higher) faction imbalance.

You’re assiming that, yes. It still didn’t have substance.