How did all the TBC classic problems start? The answer is simple

Yes, we did, multiple vanilla servers were dead before P4 even hit. The mega servers were already a major issue long before the TBC boost existed.

I’m not even sure how you’re relating the boost to server population. The boost has almost zero negative side effects (outside the bigger bot farms abusing it) and has done more positive than negative. It has zero impact on dead servers that were already dead or almost dead before TBC was even announced.

The revamp of the maps wasn’t why blizzard lost millions of subs.

It was not ideal, but what really lost the subs was the massive changes to raiding, like merging 10/25 mans, trying to force hard 5 mans into a LFD etc…

1 Like

From my personal experience, most of my guild quit within a week of cata launch. Tried leveling new characters and the drastic changes just killed any enjoyment from leveling. Their mains didn’t even make it to max level. People quit by the thousands before even getting to the point of raiding.

how can you even say this… that’s mind boggling. the server situation is 100x worse now than in classic. It’s a domino effect, the boost causes other issues, those issues result in it eventually what has happened. And no there was not the same mega server issues in classic compared to now. It wasn’t even in the same ballpark

1 Like

So they quit just because new expansion.

You can’t even say what those issues are. You’re just blindly blaming boosting because you want something to blame. Zero idea what you’re talking about.

no, i’m eating my dinner atm and don’t feel like typing out a long paragraph atm I will after I’m done if you want but if you think boosts aren’t the issue then you are blind AF

Yeah, you got nothing my guy. The server imbalance and the megaserver issues are purely because blizzard didn’t lock transfers to those servers during vanilla when it started to drastically decline near the end of P3, beginning of P4. People started quitting (because vanilla content is overall bad), server populations dropped, and the raiding guilds transferred to higher pop servers to recruit. TBC launched, population went up for a while, and what happened in vanilla is just repeating itself. The roster boss is back, and if you’re on a low pop server, your only option is to transfer to a mega server, which makes the population situation worse.

Boosting, if anything, is keeping some servers alive. Whether new players are using it, or people just boosting alts, its keeping them playing. More people playing = more raiders, which means healthier servers.

Its a super simple concept, and I’m sorry you’re too blind to see it. But you should keep your propaganda about boosting being an issue to yourself. Don’t spread misinformation just because you don’t understand what’s actually going on.

So would you be fine with blizzard merging servers?

I think blizzard should merge servers. Once the population started to decline, they should’ve immediately merged the low/medium pop servers. We have too many servers as is and this problem should’ve been looked at a year ago.

You are literally in the minority on the forums or anywhere for that matter that thinks boosting was beneficial. People were complaining about boosting since they came out and now look at the situation we are in. You call me for having a mindset of a fox news guy like that is some sort of insult when you’re the one before me using words like “propaganda and misinformation”. What’s next, gonna start talkin about covid?

There is no evidence that boost have been beneficial at all anywhere, if there is please try to justify it and lets see if anyone on these forums agree’s with you. The evidence however is everywhere on how boosts hurt the game, there is COUNTLESS post on these forums and videos online that have spoken about how boosts are killing classic tbc. Yet you call it propaganda and misinformation. You are so lost.

edit : just type in “boosts” in the search engine on these forums and tell me what 99% of the post say toward boost. You already know before you search it.

3 Likes

But there isn’t. Not one ‘anti-booster’ youtuber or forum poster has given any numbers on how boosting has hurt the game. However, there is plenty of numbers showing the population going up since boosting was introduced. I know that you red flag waving types have problem with common sense, but come on. Its right here in front of you.

2 Likes

You actually think numbers are higher now and boosting helped? Are you for real or are you just trolling this guy?

Most people have already used their 1 boost and the world is still dead and full of people boosting dungeons. Maybe people will do anything but level the old fashion way. If blizz wanted to fix it they would give massive incentives to grouping up with people your own level. Maybe that’s a season of mastery addition.

But that’s just how progression servers go and a lot of the people didn’t experience progression servers on these forums.

It’s their first time doing a progression server and they’re shocked the way it turns out

1 Like

Eh it seems like the avalanche of people transferring to a select few mega servers marches on so if you want a chance at all to have more than little to no interaction while leveling you have to join in.

I do agree with a few of your points to an extent. The one time boost did infact let people skip leveling but you also have to ask would those people ever even give classic a chance who did not play or quit but came back because of the boost? And absence of a paid boost would they just pay or have a buddy to instance farm to level and thus not be in the world anyway? I agree it effected open world leveling activity but by how much I’m not sure.

Your other point I agree 100 with is that boosting helped contribute to even more faction imbalance and dead servers. I think in the long game the servers as they are would be the end result anyways barring some heavy handed intervention by Blizzard at who knows what cost, but I think it would be rediculous to think the boost didn’t help speed up that process. We know if allowed the players will and keep doing things like piling on lobsided realms leaving their old struggling realms even less populated, so why would people not use a boost on a mega realm to the dominant faction they were probably thinking of transferring to anyways?

Sucks I know but thinking about what someone as a player can do given the circumstances it’s probably the best bet if you want a more lively community to just join in and transfer/reroll to a mega server even if it feels “dirty” and “you are now part of the problem too”. Atleast the boost is a one time thing so on a big server you may find others to quest with.

Short version-boost or no boost this was going to be the end result given how blizzard has handled the situation. To me boosting is a more “superficial” problem compared to the deeper core problems (dead servers, 1 sided servers, botting, etc) and all those will continue to exist as long as the actual underlying problem remains untouched which is Blizzard’s inaction and unintelligent approach to managing thier game.

1 Like

Because of boosts. Next

i believe lots of players just don’t want to accept that the ‘numbers’ are skewed; swarms of gold sellers and players using multi accounts are messing up the numbers–thats why the world still feels ‘dead’. boosting has killed the leveling experience, killed group dungeons, and killed public chat channels. people also will call you a ‘troll’ that spreads ‘misinformation’ if you express sound logic too. the majority of players don’t bother posting on forums either, due to the trolls, and most believe boosting has harmed the ‘spirit’ of the game. Each gold seller has at least 10 accounts and average player uses 2 accounts…

2 Likes

the same could be said about that 4 year russia investigation that went no where

I’m not questioning Detroit or any of those cities of counts, seems like your the one projecting that… althou I find funny how you name all the most crime ridden cities in the US as left wing areas. What a coincidence, yet people still don’t see the problem with that. Inb4 “there’s more people so there’s more crime” excuse

Sorry OP but that’s like saying Cars that do 100 MPH are the reason more people die on Bicycles.

It’s there to help people get part way to 70.