How come The Earthen Ring seemingly has no presence in Dragonflight?

Because the only time blizz uses the horde is to show how heavy metal style cool bad guys blizz thinks they are. Which usually falls flat and off the side of a cliff

6 Likes

Thrall is very literally one of the headliners for TWW and Thrall and Malfurion are actually an apt comparison since they’ve had to find increasingly contrived ways to bench both of them due to not being sure what to do with them since Legion. Malfurion has virtually no screentime in the ED campaign (and as far as I could tell even Vyranoth had more than Tyrande)

1 Like

No he isn’t. He is background noise at best and will be ignored like Baine in Sahdowlands at worst.

I’m glad the chorus of voices is privy to the details of future expansions, but I am not.

Blizzard always ignored the Horde characters. And Thrall is outnumbered by Moira, Anduin and Alleria.

if I had hair I’d be pulling it out.

just nevermind, delete the entire thread, forget I asked anything.

just forget it. trying to have any kind of actual conversation on this forum is impossible.

4 Likes

Okay short answer. Blizzard kinda forgot that shamans exist.

1 Like

They literally cut thrall out of promotional images.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/17n6ug9/the_war_within_official_key_art_10536x7000/?rdt=57947

I guess Thrall in the background isn’t really there and it’s actually his twin brother

I’m convinced the key art that elicited that reaction was a meme edit

1 Like

You’ve seen the image I’m talking about. You’ve responded to it.

I’ll post it when I get home

He isn’t. They made extra sure he is barley visible while the front is dominated by Anduin and Alleria.

I probably have seen it. But I admit I’m drawing a blank at the moment.

I’ll post a serious response tomorrow, I promise

WAS the Malfurion of shamans. Up until they decided to make him all mopey and lose his connection with the elements in Legion over killing Garrosh. Now he’s just “zug zug, axe smash!”.

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/9PbAPB6.jpeg

the point is that he’s iconic of the class.

I guess one could view it as elementals from Draenor and Azeroth are simply different. The ones on Draenor are in balance so anything that upsets that is deemed as wrong. Even mixed elementals are deemed as signs of imbalance on Draenor. But on Azeroth, balance with the elements has never been a thing. Hell the only times the elemental lords allied with each other was to try and stop the Old Gods and then the Legion. One failed and the other only happened due to the intervention of the Earthen Ring. Only for one of those elemental lords to grow tired of complacency and was duped by Fyrakk and Tindral.

You do know he got over that right? How else do you think he summons rock paths high above any sort of ground during phase 2 of the Sylvanas encounter?

Thrall used to be iconic. Now he isn’t anymore.

I shoulda have just asked this on Reddit in the first place.

Lesson learned.

This is the “Blizzard hates the Horde” forum, and if I want to actually ask about story lore, I need to do so elsewhere.

https://i.imgur.com/9PbAPB6.jpeg
This can’t be argued with. It tells us everything Blizzard wants us to know.

I’ll leave you to your complaining.

I’m just gonna go talk about Story and Lore somewhere else.

You and Erevien win, Have fun. :+1:t6: :+1:t6: :+1:t6: