How Can We Redeem/Rebuild The Horde (Actual Horde Edition)

yeah, no, thats a false equivalency right there. There are ways to give the Human players a good story without forcing the forsaken to completely and utterly remove themselves from the game. Dozens, if not hundreds, of different ways you can do that. I do admit it sucks that blizzard constantly was teasing you guys with lordaeron, but I am also a staunch beleiver in the Nelves holding onto Ashenvale even though blizzard has been doing the same thing but inversed in that zone.

Players should not be able to have their fun if said fun would directly ruin another players experience (and its not pvp). removing an entire race from the game would ruin the experiance of the people playing that race, and if the only way you can have your fun is by ruining theirs, sucks to be you.

11 Likes

I’m just saying people are way too worked up over BFA.

It was a dumb story. It was a dumb expansion. There will never be anything in orbit of a satisfying conclusion or closure to this tangled mess of nonsense.

Shrugging and going

“Yeah don’t worry about it. Ardenweald, Maldraxxus, something, something, Teldrassil and the Undercity are fine now. It’s fine

Is probably not only the best we can hope for, but isn’t even that bad of an idea. Do you want this team mucking up the faction conflict storyline even more?

5 Likes

I totally agree.

1 Like

I think that you’re too worried. It’s almost certain that the Alliance is going to permit the Forsaken to remain in the Eastern Kingdoms in some form under the supervision of the living or an Alliance appointed caretaker such as Calia.

But the Forsaken are never again going to be the pre-BfA Scourge proxies that they were. Their power and influence has been shattered indefinitely.

There aren’t any Hillsbrad human players. They can RP as Lordaeronian humans, just as I RP this character as Alteraci, but the PC races are explicitly stated to be Lordaeronian and Stormwindian in the context of the game.

Should I sit here winging for ten years about how the undead population of Stromgarde was murdered off screen? I could. But nothing will come of it.

1 Like

TBH I think retconning is needed for the story at this point, even ignoring the whole forsaken zone debacle.

BfA was just that bad for the setting. It devastated the Horde thematically, destroyed the main city of the nelves and ruined several of their zones, killed Rastakhan for cheap drama, lacked a proper conclusion, and made Nzoth and Azshara side characters in a conflict they should have been dominating.

Also for the part directed at me i was more going off on the fact our dear dwarf here is saying the forsaken shouldn’t have any of their old zones anymore.

3 Likes

That’s not going to happen. The only major retcon I’ve ever seen was Illidan being retroactively made to be a good guy years later.

And that wasn’t so much a retcon as it was additional context retroactively added in.

1 Like

This isn’t true. They might be referred to as such in accordance with where their starting position is in the World of Warcraft but that doesn’t make them born and raised (literally or figuratively) in that spot.

It’s actually not really possible for a human to be “purely Stormwindian” anyway. Every person in Stormwind over the age of like 20 will have spent some portion of their lives in Lordaeron, and a lot of them also moved to Stormwind in the aftermath of Warcraft 2 and 3.

Like, someone who lives in Stormwind right now might be called a “Stormwind human” but that doesn’t mean they always were.

Oh i know it won’t happen.

I just think that the alternative for fixing the story involves large amounts of time and possibly a world update. Which i don’t think will happen either tbh, mostly because the writing team doesn’t seem interested in backing down from the path they’ve chosen.

I think as Cata proves a big sweeping update will leave enough salt that you can still mine it a decade later.

One idea from BFA I liked was revisiting older content and updating that piecemeal. Theres a lot of zones just sort of awkwardly unstuck in time that could use a revamp.

What I’d want is a calmer expansion focused on a caravan of villains like in Classic. Theres enough villainous organizations still active in Azeroth to have a treasure trobe worth of different adventures.

Do that and update the relevant areas as we go.

Do you like the draenei version? When 99 percent of the Horde population dies, so that the remaining percent can safely flee to another world.
In the phrase “No interaction” exactly one part is incomprehensible - will it let the night elves take revenge? Or will the orcs stop burning fires as a sign of guilt? Use catapults? Wood?

We already explained the preferred scenario. Can you stop harping on the NEs getting revenge? This is the wrong thread.

You’re spending an inordinate amount of time in a thread you’ve warned other Alliance to leave.

Just saying.

:pancakes:

11 Likes

She’s a French toast lover, which I know I’ve already warned you about.

Just saying.

3 Likes

You know who loves French toast? Not me, that’s who. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Great, then stop :waffle:ing over it :rofl:

2 Likes

I got nothing :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Then have some

https://giphy.com/gifs/breakfast-pancakes-syrup-5zu5JovduWFBS