How Can We Redeem/Rebuild The Horde (Actual Horde Edition)

So are we just being antagonistic today, and trying to demonize whatever I say at this point? I don’t want the NEs or Draenei dead in any capacity. I’m just pointing out how little value a 500 year timeskip would have for the vast majority of races; even in terms of distancing the Horde from the WoT. It wont do anything. Solely due to the virtue of who they made victims in that event. All it would serve to do is scoure clean what little rosters we have, that Blizzard shows they have little to no interest in developing already.

6 Likes

My point is that so long as the victims merely exist, you can advance this argument as you have that something like a 500 year timeskip wouldn’t work. You may not have intended for the conclusion to get to that level of extremity, but it does demonstrate the extremity of how far you will move the goalposts in order to shoot down proposals.

Since the timeskip wouldn’t do anything but sweep the field clean of the rosters of the vast majority of PC races in this absurdly hero driven game … I see no value in such a proposal except for those few races who have those absurd lifespans. Hell, with how monumentally destructive it would be for most PC races in terms of established stories and characters, you might as well call this WoW2.0 scenario “World of Elf Craft+Draenei”. Their rosters will remain unchanged, and thus would be default being the most developed by far out of any PC races.

It is, but you are missing the point.

Blizzard created a popular franchise, but has failed to reproduce what made them popular to begin with.

So in an attempt to stay relevant, they are essentially going to start doing what JK Rowling has been doing the last decade.

I am not saying representation is a bad thing, quite the opposite. I am just point out that is is a lot easier to say “Chromie is Trans” (Which I am not against), than it is to write a good story.

I am not villainizing the choice to make Chromie Trans, as someone who is gender nonconforming, it is nice to see. I just see that sort of thing being Blizzard’s crutch to make up for their absolute garbage story telling, that is never going to get better.

4 Likes

That is, you need a timeskip for three thousand years for the children of the current generation of centenarians to die, right? How long does a draenei usually live in a peaceful situation?

Trolls too, given previously Rezan stopped Bwonsamdi from taking Rastakhan, and now Bwonsamdi is the Loa of Kings so Talanji will also likely be functionally immortal now (Rokhan too maybe)

Rezan isn´t anymore…and bwonsamdi isn´t someone who make someone immortal.

Didn’t Rastakhan abuse the loa? He used several loa at the same time to prolong life or something like that, no?

Yes, which is an objection that again establishes the absurdity of how far you will move the goalposts.

Just about every possible solution, again, short of removing the Night Elves and the Draenei from the game, shares this problem. You also don’t want to reframe or redefine that relationship because you feel that Blizzard will do it badly, and have stated several times on that point that you will only change your mind if Blizzard resuscitates Baine.

So it’s a Catch 22. There is no scenario you will accept!

I’m confused about where this is coming from in this thread in that instance. Like, I can see some Rowling-esque things where Blizzard writers say something in order to pacify this or that audience but don’t actually want to put in the investment to make it a reality - but I really don’t understand where Chromie for instance enters this conversation.

This has to do with respecting choices in what people pick as opposed to creating characters that represent certain real world groups.

Nah Bwon likes Talanji a lot as per Shadows Rising. It’s not impossible, and would be cool to see.

This is RPG, never stated in-game. In-game his loa was Rezan and we see Rezan demand Bwonsamdi give his soul back.

They’re just trying to stir the pot as usual lmao ergo the earlier comment “I don’t understand why this thread is still going”, when it’s been multiple scores more useful than other threads, e.g. the map we made a few days ago.

Was just an example. You even admit that you understand what I am saying here:

So I am not sure what you are confused about. You seem to understand fine.

I feel like I missed something but I thought Rastakhan was described as abnormally old just for being king for 200ish years. It seems weird to me that Talanji would get preferential treatment when Bwonsamdi’s previous characterization (from what I remember) is that he doesn’t like the impending dead being kept from him. And I’m not sure why Rokhan would get any treatment at all. 500 years sounds like it should knock them all out, to me.

2 Likes

No? My god no? Talanji might have some bulwark against death so long as Bwon likes her and she doesnt have kids, but the guy isn’t about to start letting Trolls just break his own rule. The reason he was pissed at Rastakhan (and presumably Zul’jin, since he was allowed into Revendreth) is they were apparently using Loa to extend their lifespans artificially. I cannot see that changing with Bwon as a Loa of Kings.

His duty is to the dead, not to the living. He’s unlikely to let even Talanji play hookie from Old age.

2 Likes

No, I’m afraid I still don’t follow. Broader show-don’t-tell issues do not cause a thread that’s fundamentally about a series of playable race choices to become about a neutral NPC character.

That is, at some point, if Bwonsamdi continues to bless Talanji, then she will not die? Turn into a skinny, sickly, but still alive woman? Or will she at some point “die, but continue to move purely by inertia”? Or will she regularly say “I’m going to die soon, you will know” (grumbling of an old woman), but will she outlive everyone?

Or will she die but rule from the Other Side? Through ritualists or something else?

No yeah just the Leadership was my thinking.

How isn’t it? Fundamentally, this thread is about story telling. In your own words, Blizzard writers will say something, or anything, in order to pacify this or that audience but don’t actually want to put in the investment to make it a reality.

I merely used Chromie as an example of that, because, as you once again mention, she is not even relevant to the SL story.

It’s like Blizzard saying “Hey, I know SL sucks right now, no one is happy with their faction, the position and depiction of their playable race, or the story as a whole. But hey, Chromie is Trans, that’s cool right?”

Again, it is reminiscent to how Rowling has behaved the last decade, because ultimately, it is not about the story telling. It is about what keeps Warcraft relevant and talked about by the cheapest means.

1 Like

The absolute hell are you on right now? NO WHERE have I mentioned the NEs or Draenei being removed from the game. Just that a timeskip does NOTHING of value for the Horde races I care about. As it reduces all of them back to start when it comes to development, especially character development. Which Blizz has shown to be extremely resistant on when it comes to development.

My dislike of a 500 year timeskip largely (like your BS PvP scenario) has very little of value for the HORDE races and faction. I don’t care in the slightest about the NEs or Draenei on that issue.

8 Likes

I already explained it to you twice. Once again, you don’t appear to be reading my replies to you.

So I will just refer to what I posted earlier until you do.

He’s not going to play favorites man. There is no value in it for him, since he’s going to be the caretaker of her soul in the afterlife anyway. And its not like his deal with her dad is even in effect, so the bloodline thing is off. He’s got the Loa of Kings title so long as he makes room for other Loa’s opinions, and he continues to do his job as the Loa of Graves. Hell, he’s doing such a good job at it that his popularity among the living has actually increased quite a bit over the years. He’s not really incentivized to prolong her life.