How Can We Redeem/Rebuild The Horde (Actual Horde Edition)

But forces the Human, Dwarf, and Orc, etc most of the trolls, cast to be developed and replaced.

Plus, Lorthemar-Thalyssra babies.

both would be dead, 500 years, yeah, only elves, forsaken and draenei would still be alive.

Trolls have fairly good longevity, they just tend to get murdered. Like, Rastakhan was king 200 years and only died because of a civil war and an invasion hitting at the same time. He didn’t seem elderly especially considering his daughter is, like, 17

rastakhan was THE ONLY Troll who was old as this, because he was multipled blessed by the loas and rezan stopped bwonsamdi from claiming his soul, he was long overdone in bwonsamdis eyes. …all other trolls died in a human lifetime, naturally.

1 Like

Do we have actual numbers on troll longevity that aren’t from the RPG? Because the RPG is wrong about a lot, even the Tortollans don’t seem super upfront about what they mean by “I’m old”.

Not unless they do Bwonsamdi long-life shenanigans, like Rezan did for Rastakhan and his predecessors.

yeah…we have, they died in a human lifespan naturally, that was the reason bwonsamdi want to collect his soul several time…BUT rezan threatend bwonsamdi do not touch him.

Even chronicled told us that as difference between night elves and trolls…the night elf longevity compared to trolls.

Do they have anything to offer besides shamanism?

Oh yeah, an excuse to have the belf and draenei orphans from children’s week as young adult NPCs considering the weird plot hook they get with cavern of times

1 Like

I think trolls live up to 75 years (like irl humans do), but I’m not 100% sure on it. Rastakhan had been ruling for several centuries too

Also I noticed that he nlooks really old in the cutscene where he goes to Bwonsamdi for help

yeah, rastakhan was the oldest troll ever, because rezan stops bwonsamdi from collecting his soul.

Forsaken actually likely would not be. They continually (if supernaturally slowly) decay and require replacement parts as they do not heal so well. In 500 years unless they want to be very clever skeletons they will just be… dead.

Trolls have roughly 75 year lifespans yes. Zanaldari I think might be a bit longer, but not more than like 100. Rasta had lived twice as long as any troll has any right to; in the end of the raid cinematic as the power sustaining him via the pact is passed down to Talanji you see Rasta change to what he should truly look like at that age.

This is probably a super dumb thing to worry about, but I’d be concerned about a WoW2 somewhat lacking in adding more monster races down the line because it seems like it’s easier to do that sort of thing with lower quality graphics. From what I understand, FF14 has this problem which is why the races are human/bigman/gnome/elf/elf2/elf3/elf4 with a single beastman race, and the devs opted to make a great deal of headpieces invisible on them instead of wasting time trying to adjust the models for them.

1 Like

so only…elves and draenei^^

It’s magic, wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff to explain if a race survived the next 500 years.

:pancakes:

5000!!! :partying_face:

:pancakes:

2 Likes

50,000 years. A king of Light named Anduin became the god-emperor of Man.

1 Like

I checked the wiki and there’s seemingly never been an officially stated age limit and people laser focused on Rastakhan’s years of rule as proof of one. There’s also a rumor that internal charts say about 250 years but, again, rumors

Not the only one.

According to this tablet, Zul also lived “many lives of troll” and probably served Rastakhan since the beginning of his reign.

But apparently this is not the norm and I don’t know of any other trolls who would have lived this long.

You really trust Blizzard not to totally homogenize these two into a single cultural blob?

And my god do I not want such a time skip. The Elves would be the only group that wouldn’t have to start from a total blank slate character roster on the Horde. Outside of maybe the Forsaken, if they can find some sort of quality of life improvements from Maldraxxus and the Primus. And a 500 year skip isn’t going to help their horrific character roster, and would force every other Horde PC race to start from scratch. You might as well tell every fan of a PC race who doesn’t have an absurd life-expectancy to suck it. Not to mention, since many of the Horde’s victims are of that exclusive group, things wont get better on that end either.

Hell, its hard enough to get Blizz to focus on developing Horde races, stories, or characters; same goes for many Alliance races. What makes you think such a timeskip wont just result in two (or even one unified) hemogenous blob of people under 1 race each (or 1 race period)? Especially with the character roster completely reset for every race without the luxury of such a ridiculous life expectancy?

13 Likes