How Can We Redeem/Rebuild The Horde (Actual Horde Edition)

Well… You killed Garrosh. Rejoice.

And the Night Elves killed Fandral. Guess they have nothing to complain about now, right?

:pancakes:

Than I have no reason as a Horde player to consider you anything but an Enemy. Because your narrative satisfaction truly comes with the expectation that my Faction existing at all in your game and your story is a problem. With little room for context on WHY the Horde was forced to do what it did (with Blizzard feeling far more comfortable using the Faction as a plot device like they did), and WHY the Alliance can’t even fringe on that sort of treatment (because Blizz maintains some absurd moral purity test with them, and clearly does not feel as free to do anything they want with them).

Thus, Morg, I have no reason to even consider humoring your gripes. Your constant winging about needing to reassert your dominance, because your Absolutist Power Fantasy was infringed upon. And I’ll just go back to my standard stance. BfA sucked for EVERYONE. It was a nightmarish experience for both Factions, and you having zero emotional investment in the Horde (and a ton in the Alliance) doesn’t change that reality. So, with the reality being “The Alliance did not win the War” … there is nothing the Alliance can demand at all from the Horde. And everything we do as recompense is voluntary. So suck it up.

9 Likes

Is context completely lost on you? Or do you really think Nathanos and Saurfang went out in a similar fashin to Arthas and KJ?

I don’t know. Fandral was not the main creep of the supplement. Did the night elves really kill him? Okay. I guess so. I don’t know how to feel about that.

Is the point of this thread completely lost on you?

I’ll spell it out for you again:

8 Likes

What do we have in terms of military forces? The Night Elves have most of their armies alive, the Alliance (Eastern Kingdoms) have huge losses, the Evil Horde have to recruit militia, and the Good Horde have not enough of them either.
So… Can the Night Elves take revenge on everyone in the world?

Morg, but Saurfang isn’t a villain, no matter how much you dislike him.

Blizz did not intend for him to be one. The complaint in this case should be “they made a non-villain look like one” instead of “they gave a villain a heroic death”.

3 Likes

So are we making things up now? Because despite numbers never mattering, like it or not the actual Horde losses in the War were actually pretty insubstantial compared to that of the Alliance. With our biggest “loss” of actual troops being Zulduzar in the entire war, and the vast majority of those forces lost came from the Zandalari. The Horde was capable of fielding two full armies at the end of the War. The Horde in no way was left in a position of weakness by the end of that conflict. Even if we lost on every front, but who knows how much of that is due to our leader Sylvanas never actually running the War to win it for the Horde after Teld? And rather was simply, always, prioritizing escalation and prolonging tactics.

You can’t possibly expect me to want anything to do with Horde characters after bfa. With the exception of maybe Baine, all of them are guilty. They invaded Darkshore, invaded Kul’tiras, and if not they aided those that did. Because to them, winning the war was apparently more important than petty things like not aiding genociders. That’s the characters you want me to work with, without them doing anything at all to make up for what they did. Would you also ask the Forsaken and Belfs to team up with the Scourge?

Then they failed miserably with that, from the Alliance perspective.

Remember folks:

Alliance have a right to be upset about how the deaths of Nathanos and Saurfang (2 of the 3 architects of the WoT) were portrayed because an Alliance capital was destroyed.

Horde do not have the right to be upset about how the deaths of Arthas and KJ (The entire reason the Forsaken exist and the reason the Horde was created in the first place) were portrayed because … reasons.

Alliance bias at its finest.

9 Likes

Welcome to BFA. :partying_face:

13 Likes

Can I have exact (relatively exact) numbers? According to Anduin, the Alliance should be recruiting peasants soon. I don’t know much about the Horde. The army of night elves practically didn’t take part in the battles.

Another argument. You were forced to work with Arthas to defeat the Whip?

Can you give me exact numbers for how many died in Teld?

The exact one is never. Relatively accurate - “there are too few of us now”. Perhaps they meant the skills of builders, blacksmiths, tailors, and whatever else civilians do.
So what about the relatively accurate numbers of the Horde’s military forces? " Militia recruitment" and even when combined with the remnants of the Alliance “that’s enough for one assault”?

Edit.
Anduin’s words about the peasants mean that an unprofessional army is about to go into battle. Perhaps there will be intelligent lieutenants in such an army, but they will act in formation and obey orders terribly.

Nathanos’ words about the militia - there is an army, but not enough to defend against Saurfang and Alliance forces.
Words about a single assault… Demon. I don’t know. But if they have to team up with the Alliance (peasants), it’s probably bad.

Like Droite, do you expect me to simply ignore bfa, to pretend that it never happened? Because only then could I stomach working with the Horde after bfa, if nothing is done beyond Sylvanas dying.
Why do you expect me to simply be able to ignore the narrative, when you clearly aren’t able or willing to do the same?

1 Like

No, I don’t. I don’t intend to either. But I expect you to move on, because I am expected to as well. If you can’t, then that’s on you. But I am under ZERO obligation to humor your nonsense, that constantly revolves around "ALL Horde characters are my enemies and I demand their deaths" and “I MUST reassert my dominance! My power fantasy has been infringed on and I’m feeling blue-balled”.

3 Likes

okay, there are multiple things wrong with this statement:

1. the horde, the ENTIRE horde, fought against ONE race (NE) of the alliance in the WoT.
  2. the night elves had ONE of their three heavy hitters to assist them. The horde, meanwhile, had ALL of theirs.
  3. the NE were taken by surprise
  4. the horde nearly lost against the NE multiple times, and in fact the NE dragged the fight to standstill at several points.
  5. despite being massively outnumbered, the NE were inflicting far greater casualties to the horde.

All of this clearly points to the horde, the entire horde, BARELY being able to up ONE alliance race. And even then, that sole race had both of its hands tied behind its back.

The War of Thorns showed just how massive the powergap between the factions is when just one alliance race, while being severely handicapped, can go toe to toe with an entire FACTION.

15 Likes

The Horde doesn’t need redemption. All we need is a clean victory against the Alliance without retaliation. That way the Horde can be great again.