How can I report a addon to Blizzard?

It is. That is not the only thing it does. It’s not a “junk drawer” for no reason.

its not effective if you try and block every booster and gold dkp / gold seller.

In order to block them all you need an addon because the default system limits the gross number.

The ignore list shouldn’t have a limit I agree, and I do have the addon to extend mine.

I would say that the expanded ignore list addon, to me, is still better than unregulated and unmoderated player handled blacklists in discords.

1 Like

Whiles I agree with you, what can Blizzard possibly do VS Discord? Discord is its own company, and while AVTI may have a higher gross value right now, Disco is poised to become the 500 pound gorilla in that relationship; I can see Disco just ignoring Blizz because Disco even if it were built originally for wow; no longer needs wow, wow now days needs Disco, and that extends to all AVTI games too.

The only real game with any drive that AVTI holds is CoD, and that is a force to be reckoned with on its own. Part of the reason CoD is so popular is because AVTI actually does stuff to ensure bots and cheaters are killed off… Players know it, and that drives popularity in the player base… Nothing in gaming drives popularity of a game quite like integrity from the developers. And while AVTI itself is no saint, The makers of CoD seem to care.

Open a ticket in-game.

Iunno, maybe dont do rat things OP, hard concept I know but being a crap person has its consequences

1 Like

While you have good points it is beyond the scope of what I was discussing. I have nothing against discord.

I just dislike player made blacklisting addons. They aren’t well regulated and the majority of people using them don’t really care about that part

1 Like

You’re obviously that guy (Destiny) who ninjaed the Amani War Bear posting on a different character. lol

1 Like

Didn’t Blizzard explicitly state when Classic released that things like ninja looting would strictly be handled by the community?

1 Like

Ya know, I think that is actually what was said. As for turncoat blizz, they could easily reverse their original sentiment.

Do the rules of the forums apply to addons, discord, other stuff related to, but outside of the game, etc?

I just think of it like this - if the impact on player experience is the same, shouldn’t Blizzaed be doing something about it?

Neither, though it is against the forum rules. I don’t know, it’s a weird overlapping area and it just all sounds very toxic.

You’re right, they don’t. I’m just thinking about applying the intent of the rules, if forum behaviour is creeping into the game via addons.

lol

The forums are a bastion of kindness and light, comparatively.

It is not.
It is against the ToS:

I have already reported and got many weak auras from WagoIO banned for this and some other addons out of curseforge.
It might take some time until curseforge takes it down, but make sure to report to Blizzard at the e-mail provided in the thread I just linked:

WoWUI@blizzard.com.

They will make sure to ban this addon in game, so people won’t be able to activate and they can’t distribute it even offline.

I interpret the highlighted section much different from you. “Performance” there seems to me to be about the physical performance of Blizzard’s hardware, not the social cohesion of the game.

Is there any way you could verify this assertion?

1 Like

Welcome, you must be new. You interpret whatever you want, and most likely to your own “benefit whatsoever.”

Fact is, this has been Blizzard’s stance on such addons that carry people’s name with intent of discriminating people.

Check benedictions and faerlina’s discord for complaints about their weak auras for blacklist being banned. That is a good one, you’ll find tons of messages.

Even if the addon was banned, it doesnt really change anything, just mean instead of the in game convenience people would have to alt tab to the disc.

tbh everything bad that happens is deserved for sad nostalgia server players

It’s going to happen anyway. I once joined a group for a money run, no one was after items other than mats and/or quest items, and all agreed. 3 of the group were from one guild, so they all rolled on everything to pass disenchantables to one member, and changed rules mid run to preclude anyone rolling on something that they actually needed. In their own words, “no need rolls allowed. If it’s worth gold, then everyone needs gold so everyone needs everything equally”

At the end a very rare item dropped. Only one person could actually use it, (one of the guild runners) and he rolled need. I was just reading it, having never seen it drop before, and they began accusing me of being a ninja. That’s when I noticed that he had rolled need. It was an auctionable item, so I rolled need. Their rules.

They had me blacklisted across a whole server with lies about how I had ninja looted the item, that I had agreed to their loot rules and broke them (I agreed, and followed them, they broke them). I had people quit groups due to cherry picked screenshots where they said something in chat that I didn’t even respond to. I had people telling me that I had master looted it to myself, that I had kicked them before loot was passed out, etc… I wasn’t even the group leader.

The funny part is that I didn’t even want the item. I just wanted them to apologize for breaking the rules that they had set. I actually gave the item away to someone who agreed to offer it to them if they would be honest about it, and keep it if they refused. Well, they refused to admit that they were wrong, while actually admitting exactly what they had done, so he kept it.