How big is 8.2 exactly? 7.3GB background download

I got a 7.3 gig download for next patch as well. but oh well the joys of unlimited internet. idc how long it takes to down load it doesn’t cost me much of its a lot or not

1 Like

I saw it start to download something, then i logged onto PTR for like 5min and now i don’t get background downloading. Seems a bit too fast for something i have capped at like 200kb/s.

You’d think it would take space away with everything they are removing.

Lulz

3 Likes

… I can’t unsee that.

2 Likes

It’ll be about tree fiddy I reckon.

I never have the background downloader on, so I don’t get the thing until patch day so I don’t have a “7 gig surprise” in the meantime.

It must include the new naga/fishy world areas?

2 Likes

Doubtful it includes anything specific to 8.2. Usually the pre-patch download is larger than the actual size. Installation and post-install cleanup usually ends up smaller than the original download set.

500mb for patch 8.1.5, 8gb for new Horse texture 8k and HDR…:cow::cow::cow:

1 Like

Yeah i agree i think alot of it is from 8.2 as well just not the full amounts of it probably doing it so there not a big wait and checking if new patch is stable ext.

Yes it does but its disabled for now until 8.2 fully releases in the coming months.

Quality Assurance ensures that standards established by the company are met. If there is a standard for the size of a minor patch and they missed it, shame on them.

I mention this because I see people blaming QA. QA doesn’t say “sorry devs, this area or class sucks, back to the drawing board!” Management decides (generally by the true voice of the customer) what quality level is acceptable for release and QA is in charge of making sure outputs meet those requirements. However, with shareholders wanting stuff released NAO! so they get their money, management has to make decisions that are less than acceptable.

Every file that gets touched by the patch needs to be updated. It adds up quickly.

It must be exhausting dragging your face around on the floor all day. :weary:

:laughing:

:ice_cream:

It’s major alright. Majorly meh.

8.1.5 has as much content as 8.1 did lol.

New races, new raid, brawlers guild(?), two new questlines, and a bunch of sound files. I’m probably missing more.

Not saying it’s a major patch, but it’s big.

First time i seen a half patch have so many stuff to do in it imho for only being a few weeks later i would say its alot for the timeframe from 8.1 release.

That’s true usually x.x.5 is just opening up a raid or something, there isn’t usually this much content in it.

Yep! i agree it’s alot for sure. A roller coaster is in it as well lol.

Excuse me while I get some paper towels to clean up that coffee I spit up laughing at that.

1 Like

elf ears perk up

Roller coaster?!?