How big is 8.2 exactly? 7.3GB background download

It’d be bigger if they weren’t removing portals PepeHands

3 Likes

Some people will never be happy.

I saw the announcement but it didn’t really say 8.1 so I don’t know. It would be nice.

It’s a minor patch, being happy or not doesn’t change that fact.

6 Likes

Is this a complaint of the size? Do you not have a standard internet connection?

1 Like

It started at 4.5 GB for me :thinking:

Did they release the download earlier today? I wasn’t online for long, but I don’t think I had an update running in the background.

If i had to guess they are adding a roller coaster,allied races and content for a future raid thats all i can recall so far.

its mostly the allied races I think, perhaps something else along the way sneaking by as well…

1 Like

Mt. Dew… out my nose.

1 Like

Allied races, new music, a lot of sound files (for the campaign + Xal’atath questline), Brawler’s Guild, new mounts…

2 new races, a raid, and our shiny Portal Rooms. This isn’t a minor patch.

1 Like

It’s not unusual for developers to add future content files into the game, just inaccessible to players.

That’s how data miners get all their info, after all.

Yeah for a half a patch its more like a full blown patch if anything. i think blizzard is doing a fantastic job with the contents so far.

1 Like

Thank you for posting the update size. As someone that’s currently on a limited data plan, and waiting to see how Activision Blizzard responds to further portal change feedback, I think I’m going to hold off on this download.

We get it. You’re the edgiest of the edgelords. You hate everything about this game and can’t wait to tell EVERYONE how cool you are for being that edgy.

2 Likes

No not really. Sometime the client checks stability of files and will download sections of the game if it thinks your files are corrupted.

I was also wondering if 7.3GB is normal for what we expect in 8.1.5 or is this also large parts of 8.2

2 Likes

not sure if it’s a bug but my client didn’t even download the entire 7.3 GB, just a bit of it before the download completed and the game became playable.

Their dance alone is 4 gigs :stuck_out_tongue:
https://www.speakgif.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/fat-man-dancing-animated-gif.gif

6 Likes

Its funny, I should be excited about content, but the classes still feel like absolute garbage to play, so I really don’t care. shrug

2 Likes

Too much salt isn’t good for your health.

2 Likes

I bet its N’zoth’s entire model being put into the game before the next patch after 8.1.5 :stuck_out_tongue:

Spooookkyyy

1 Like