How are you supposed to do Wintergrasp?

Nothing happened? I took all the workshops, no vehicles spawned.

How do you “siege” buildings without “siege” vehicles?

Need kills in order to build vehicles, that’s how it works in the current retail bg map.

No kills? —> no “rank” —> no vehicles

Poorly designed bg, the team that takes an early lead tends to extend that lead (or maintain it). Comebacks are extremely rare for weak teams playing offense.

…unless you are talking about the “open world” PvE zone in Northrend, in which case the mechanics might be different there. Because it’s “legacy” content it’s possible there are just not enough players in the zone, and so nothing happens.

1 Like

The vehicles don’t automatically spawn for you to hop into like they do at mid in IoC. You need to speak with an NPC inside the shop and choose which vehicle you’d like to build.

im talking about the world wintergrasp not the BG sorry.

edit: figured it out and seems doing it solo is nearly impossible. 3 hits from siege per 1% with only 30 minutes you’d maybe get a single wall down in that time.

Well, that’s pretty dead content, so maybe it just doesn’t work? :man_shrugging:

If no enemy players are there (due to being 11-12 year old content), I imagine the event doesn’t trigger. How do you even get “rank” without enemy players being in the zone? You can’t.

so how can I run the vault raid without taking the base?

edit: so the faction that owns it literally just keeps it for what… all week?

I dunno, but seeing as how it’s “legacy” content I doubt Blizzard cares much about it. What do you need from the vault? Transmog farming?

I mean… what else would I want from it? Achievements and mogs.

WG is pretty simple. The BG is more or less decided in the first clash. Then you go inside the workshops and talk to the goblin/gnome to make vehicles. Demos are more or less the only one worth it unless your team is budgeting, and then the rest of WG is just a tank column rolling down infantry.

not talking about the bg.

You could try server hopping until you find a Horde dominated one. It’s pretty hard to solo the world event now (as you mentioned siege damage is quite low compared to wall HP), so it’s best to get a friend or two to try to help you win if you don’t want to realm hop.

Basically if your team doesn’t win the first fight 80% of the team leaves and you lose the battleground if you are attacking.

Defending is abhorrently overpowered and if you are defending you basically win wintergrasp 80% of the time. If not 90%.

My advice is to just leave the game if you get attacking, and just gank people outside your fortress if you are defending. Blizzard refuses to nerf defending so if you get it be sure to abuse how overpowered it is.

if I ever stop hating pvp and do the battleground version I will heed this sage advice.

Until then any advice about the WORLD wintergrasp event is welcome.

There’s multiple ways of working your character through the roof above so you fall into the chamber.

I’ll go there today to see what’s up, the siege damage may be bugged, you might want to try the catapults and skip the middle wall sections entirely.

Back in WoD/Legion I soloed Wintergrasp tons and it usually only took 8-12 minutes.

If you just need to get into the boss area realm hopping or glitching in would be your best bet.

I don’t really wanna exploit to do it, even if blizz basically couldn’t care.