How are the communities here?

I am thinking of transferring or rolling a new character on Atiesh.

How are the respective Alliance and Horde communities?

I am not a raider. I plan on casual play, eventually some end game dungeons, and selling elixirs to raiders on the AH.

I played since launch (‘04) so I am pretty comfortable playing with a good guild or group.

I am a daily player, 9 PM to 12 AM server time.

TL;DR: How friendly are Ally and Horde to “new” players here?

1 Like

Pretty active on alliance side, with a robust economy that has only occasionally been completely gutted by bots. Generally friendly community. I’d recommend you to check out the Atiesh Discord if you’d like to see a bit of the community as a whole. Blizzard won’t allow for links but if you browse atiesh on reddit you can get the link pretty easily.

Leveling on Atiesh is different. I transferred a 60 from Windseeker (an east coast server) to here for later raiding. I also started some leveling toons on Atiesh. The VERY FIRST THING I noticed on Atiesh is that this server needs to be renamed “Carry”. Players seldom want to do 5man dungeons sub-50. Lower-level players request to pay for carries, and higher-level players sell carries. It’s like generally the players don’t want to play as much as they want to be carried. Not sure if it’s a west-coast mentality or what. I personally wouldn’t recommend this server as a start-up for you. Windseeker, from my own experience, is a much more low/mid level vibrant and active leveling server with end-game guilds doing well on raids. Atiesh . . . man I don’t know . . . generally the players here just want to be carried thru everything and don’t want to put forth the effort. Kind of lazy.

6 Likes

This has largely been my experience as well. I think I got lucky with some groups with my Druid, but for the most part everyone is asking for boosts in LFG.

thats like… every server now

Overall Atiesh is not a very friendly server especially to newbies. When Classic first launched it was a good server however over time the good, friendly and kind players left and it devolved into an endless meta cult. If you like cults then by all means Atiesh is perfect for you. Otherwise I would look to different servers.

theres lots of casual players on server and many PuG groups. You should be pretty content with the population here :slight_smile:

so far pretty open and enjoyable !

I don’t feel this is enjoyable or open as those people are either playing on different times than I did or lying
I had to take a break for over a year because of real life problems. As Healevan said this is not a friendly server now even if you are a holy priest looking to pug
I cannot get a run for the life of me now on this server. I ran off to a different server and it was like night and day.

I enjoy it here …mostly alliance population. Everyone i have met has been cool though.

I just moved from Whitemane and the difference is night and day. The maturity level on whitemane was unbearable.

I played both horde and alliance on whitemane. I’ve been on Atiesh alliance now for 2 weeks and it is far, far, far more tolerable.

So far it seems good. Lots of people willing to group for quests instead of being a socially dysfunctional toad that wants to fight for a spawn instead of forming a quick 30 second group. Saw a ton of that on Whitemane.

This is our last hope. We all moved here and decided this is the last server we’re willing to try. So far so good.

1 Like

Prices are high on ah guilds will recruit you and then you will pretty much do nothing as a group in my experience transfered my paladin here to join a guild have done maybe 2 runs with guildies pretty much pug everything to get bis then do nothing.