How are Remix Characters converted back to retail/TWW?

PTR test characters converted with a full set of 415s, that’s still likely the end point.

1 Like

Also it would be great if we can opt in for an early conversion of certain Remix characters once the pre-patch is live.

1 Like

To be fair they will be giving out 480 or so ilevel during the prepatch event starting July 30th I believe. So if you make a bunch of alts then run them through this plus a prepatch dungeon if they do the same like last year it could get you set up.

That reminds me to try to test this out if it’s working now.

1 Like

You keep your toon but you don’t get to keep whatever ilvl you got them to. Anything more than 415 goes byebye

Unfortunately since remix ends the day TWW comes out, Remix characters won’t be able to benefit from the prepatch.

1 Like

This is inaccurate, for two reasons.

First, Remix ends the week before TWW.

Second, all of the gear from the pre-patch event binds to your Warband, so you can easily farm up the gear you want for a Remix alt with your retail characters and have it ready for that character to equip after the conversion.

3 Likes

What you say is entirely correct. If you are gearing up say 5 remix toons for launch you might need a lot of the pre-patch event currency and spend a lot of time to do that.

That being said I made a premade toon that was given a lower ilvl than remix toons will get. Starting at that ilvl was pretty easy (the starting zone is tuned that way). You can make 3 ilvl 515 pieces from armor professions at level 71 and an ilvl 515 ring and neck from jewelcrafting at lvl 71. You can upgrade these to an ilvl close to 560 at level 74 if you find enough sigils. At lvl 70 quest rewards are 408. At lvl 71 434 and so on until at lvl 80 551. The first 2 zones are tuned fairly easily. Difficult ramps up from lvl 77 or so on - and most people will have replaced the gear they began on by then.

1 Like

with prepatch, there is usually catchup gear. so id expect your remix characters to be around whatever ilvl those are.

1 Like

Another interesting option: when the pre-patch goes live all raids will be awakened in parallel.
So with a remix character it should be possible to just run LFR to get initial gear, due to the bullion keep-up system it should be possible to buy the weapon, neck, cape, rings and trinkets at 493 right away.
The 467 account bound gear can be already farmed on retail to unlock LFR quickly, when the remix characters get converted.

1 Like

Just make sure you buy all the account bound dream stuff from the vendor. So you can quickly boost your remix toon to like 460s. Leveling in TWW is pretty easy even with that low ilvl.

2 Likes

Remix goes until August 19th and the early access starts on the 22nd. Do we expect the remix characters to be released when prepatch starts or when remix ends? I am expecting it to be converted after remix ends. If that is the case, you’ll have a couple days to get them ready for retail.

There is not going to be much time for remix characters doing the echoes event for better gear.

1 Like

Good thing that echoes drops are account bound.

1 Like