How a shadow priest denounces the Void?

So my shadow priest is going through a big change as she realized her path will eventually consume her and it is best to completely abandon it. Although… I have no idea HOW exactly a shadow priest stops being a shadow priest. Obviously, they can stop studying it or choose to no longer cast any magic but she can still cast if she /wanted/ to. RP wise, how do I go about this?

1 Like

You spend time in a holy place like a church or temple. This time you spend you are communing with the light. According to the lore the light answers those who believe. That’s how their are paladins in the Scarlet Crusade. During this time you are flooded with the power of the light and a holy barrier surrounds you on a spiritual plane cutting off the void from you.

You don’t have to stop… just stop short.

Shadow taken too far becomes Void.

Light taken too far becomes dessication and leaves behind ash.

I don’t know about that. I mean look at Alleria, she seems to be doing quite well with the void. Also where is it in game about desiccation by the light? Just curious as I don’t remember ever seeing that in any quest or lore that I’ve read.

Aside from this continual drive to consume the universe and occasional dark energy flareups And t he fact that her mere presence could blow up the Sunwell and maybe take the rest of Azeroth along with it… No Problem!

Been to the Ember Ward or AU Draenor lately?

Yes, not too long ago. In fact it’s one of my favorite places in Shadowlands. Even moreso when you find out that the Naruu attacked the Venthyr and practically leveled it as reciprocation for the actions of Sire Denathrius. The desication is only to the Venthry as it’s one of their weaknesses. That’s a specific scenario with specific groups/individuals involved and does not apply broad based to everyone.

As far as Alleria, what are you talking about? I read the novel that leads to Legion and discusses about Alleria and how she is captured, etc. I definitely have never seen what you are claiming represented in any novel or in game lore.

It’s in the Void Elf recruitment quest linej. it’s one ( butnot the only reason) Lor’themar throws her out of Quel’thelas on pain of death.

Wow I cannot believe that I forgot about all of that. I had to go look things up because I couldn’t remember it. You are totally right, although I suspect some of what Alleria was told also might be propaganda, but even with it, you cannot deny her struggle with the void.

Alleria isn’t your standard Void Elf. Remember she got tricked into eating an entire Dark Naruu.

Pay mind to druids in your presence, they have much more experience confining their action to different forms.