How’s the chanting market for Alliance?

Back on a certain…other server, I dumped Mining once I had ENG maxxed, and took up chanting. When that server closed its doors the week before Classic launched, I retired with an epic mount, a bank filled with high end raid consumables a 20 slot bag full of high end chanting mats, and 2.4k in the bank. On Earthfury, I’ve noticed that large brilliants go for about 1g50s each, meaning that chanters are not making that kind of beucoup gold on Earthfury.

Is there just a glut of chanters here, or will prices go up once phase 5 comes out? Being legally blind, gathering proffs are difficult for me, but Mining is at least manageable. What do you guys think? Do we need more chanters, or do we need more people to give up chanting?

Thanks!

Based on my experience trying to find certain formulas, there is definitely a lack of high level enchanters on Earthfury (I’ve been trying to find someone with +4 stats chest and +7 int wrist for 2+ weeks). However, your choice of profession all depends on you and your guild’s needs.

If your guild needs a high level enchanter and they’re willing to feed you rare recipe drops, enchanting is one of the most useful professions to have for endgame progression.

But if you just want to make money, mining and/or herbalism are going to be your best bet.

Yeah, I guess that’s true, considering I got an Arcane Crystal on my 3rd Rich Thorium Vein in Classic. Plus, I made most of my money on that…other server by selling high end chanting mats, which does not look to be terribly profitable here.