Hotfixes/changes being made without notifying player base

Removed layers… Less stuff.

Yes that explains the stutter step disappearing.

2 Likes

This…

“”"
13:03
Stutter Stepping Guide - More spells, more damage!
YouTube · Tuskeh
May 8, 2015
“”"

This. Should be but blizz let this place turn into a haven for trolling and misinformation.
They’ve long past the point of actually communicating anything. Except hey guys blizzcon virtual tickets on sale now! Oh yea here’s another crap skinned mount cash grab…
They had undocumented stealth changes throughout all of wow’s history. Nothing new here. Bad form but nothing new from Big B.

3 Likes

the OP makes me think this is about a bug or exploit that he can no longer use to his benefit. and he mad

7 Likes

This really is not on my list of things to worry about.

3 Likes

Basically it’s a slippery slope. If we keep quiet about all these small changes being made under our noses, before you know it, Blizzard takes it upon themselves to start ‘balancing the game’ (which they have already started), to appeal to the casual players who belong in retail. Before long we end up in the same situation. I think if we’re paying for the service, and expecting a true classic experience, we have the right to know what changes (if they are affecting gameplay or economy) are being made. If you don’t agree with this, I would like to know why, or I’ll just assume you don’t really think deeply about the issue and just came here to troll.

1 Like

You’re assuming there is anything you (or the proverbial “we”) can do about it.

There isn’t.

1 Like

Money talks. If we were stronger as a community, and didn’t have people who throw up their hands and assume there’s nothing we can do, we might be able to do something. We were able to get Classic back, which is a huge deal. We can do this too.

Again I have to ask: what would being informed of the tweaks change?

2 Likes

So you’re quitting? Can I have your stuff?

1 Like

Just knowing and understanding.

Blizzard aside people feel slighted when a game stealth fixes something even if it’s totally in the right to do so. I don’t think it’s all that difficult to understand that people just like to be informed of changes that they’re going to find out about one way or another.

I can only hope Blizzard is trying to follow vanillas capabilities as best as possible and not removing/adjusting things they don’t like for one reason or another.

1 Like

How about this one that went waaaaay under the radar?

This is straight up something that wasn’t a thing in Vanilla.

There are entire quest chains that were soloable only by kiting the named target, and letting the adds leash, such as Crimson Courier, Oracle, etc. This is apparently no longer possible as of the hotfix.

3 Likes

Yup. They are slowly deteriorating the experience by trying to make the game more ‘balanced’ and ‘fair’ like the current sterile version of retail. God forbid anyone have fun and enjoy some imbalance. This is one of the reasons Kevin Jordan (one of the OG wow devs) ended up leaving the company. Leadership didn’t understand (and apparently still don’t) the importance of imbalance and clever use of game mechanics in a game.

Also, it’s disingenuous to say you’re keeping in line with the reference client, when clearly they are now not. They are making changes as they see fit, not trying to preserve the integrity of the reference client. It’s a slippery slope.

Would be nice to see a response from Blizzard on why they decided to go against the reference client on this decision and not tell anyone.

2 Likes

I didn’t ever have trouble with raptor heads in the Barrens. In Vanilla the drop rate was slightly less than it is now.

But raptor hearts in Arathi-- only 1 out of +/- 27 raptors had a heart. Haven’t tried it in Classic yet…

This is not an example of making a change w/out notifying the playerbase…

1 Like

This is a “player” forum.For players to talk to players.Blizzard does not notify players of anything on here.Try twitter.

What is the change? The leather is still over 17g on my server.

Probably not an actual change just a readjustment in value as more becomes available and the demand decreases.

1 Like

They literally have a news section on their website. They also announce all upcoming news on the Bnet launcher. Only a very small percentage of players actually use the forums still, why on earth would they want this to be their “#1 place” to post breaking news. That would be like saying all breaking news in the world should be posted in newspapers first. :woman_facepalming:t4: Forums are an outdated method of communication.

1 Like