Hotfix to Honor wasn't based on true numbers Pre-patch(2006)

Not only do I remember farming the rank 13/14 set back in the day much easier than with this 90% reduced honor crap I have proof from this article someone found!

www (dot) engadget (dot) com/2006-12-15-interview-with-xzin-the-man-with-ten-arms.html

(WONT LET ME POST LINK)

1. You ground your characters to Rank 13 - what are your feelings on the new PvP reward system?

Well, it is a bit disheartening to see the rank 14 weapons so easily attainable after spending so much time getting to Rank 13 on all five characters (at the same time). Keep in mind though that in a month people will be replacing them with better weapons anyway so I suppose this really isn’t that big of a deal. If you do the math though to see how amazingly stupid the old system was - I calculated it would have taken me about 1,600 more games of WSG over the next 4 weeks to go from Warlord to High Warlord. I was able to pull in as much as 180,000 honor in a day with endless WSG wins (on non WSG weekends). Now all it takes is about 2 days for a HWL/GM weapon.

11 Likes

You can farm a weapon in 2 days right now with the nerf.

“easily” is relative for a R14 player, who knows what he actually means, a gen 1 r14 could have played upwards of 70 hrs per week for 3 months, so something like 30 hours for a weapon or some nonsense he might consider ‘easy’ or ‘2 days’, for a normal person 2 days might mean 6 hours and for him it might mean 34…

1 Like

No you can’t because the nerfed values are wrong.

We should be getting 2.5x more honor than the nerfed values.

4 Likes

Now all it takes is about 2 days for a HWL/GM weapon.

From the link. That’s the way we all remembered it.

With the current changes to HKs and the readjustment on objective based honor alongside it, we are looking at about a month if you spend 25 hours a week playing nothing but battlegrounds.

No. Stop. It wasn’t like this before. We actually got honor when we killed people in PvP. Now we don’t. So no matter how close the numbers actually are for bonus honor, the loss of HK honor alongside it has killed honor farming by a factor of more than fifty…not 10.

3 Likes

Right now, with the current nerf, you can farm a GM weapon in 2 days or so. Especially if you are in a decent group.

Yes you can.

With the BG disband bug still happening means it will take a lot longer than 2 days.

That isn’t an honor issue. So it doesn’t count.

Are you talking about a one handed weapon?

My weapon is 38k honor.

I got about 5k honor in 4 hours of spam queueing. That means it would take me roughly 7 days at 5k honor per day, 4 hours per day. That’s about 30 hours for just the weapon.

On a two week pre-patch? C’mon. No need to be a contrarian in regards to this nonsense.

7 Likes

yes, you can. in 2 days /played. and thats @#$%ing ridiculous.

1 Like

Why do you insist on lying? Do the math out right now in your reply to this proving you can farm 20k honor in ~16 hours ( 8 hrs a day). Il wait.

2 days, aka 48 hours

2 days without sleeping

1 Like

100% of the people arguing against any sort of reversion are the same people who spent hundreds of hours farming rank 14 gear and don’t want others to get it for a fraction of the time. It’s that simple there is virtually no other motive to be arguing so vehemently against the mass objection. It’s sad and pathetically transparent.

2 Likes

pvp and battlegrounds are not necessarily meant to be a painful grind for the absolute max honor per hour. people actually enjoy this game. the way i like to play bgs is not the fastest per hour, but its fun. i queue ab, wsg and av and play whatever pops. doing it like this, it would take me about 50 hours.

Am HWL on classic, don’t give a flying rat :poop: if people have my gear, for leveling in tbc, what actually matters is the title, which carries on.

3 Likes

I got about 3000 honor today in session.

My only hopes is that honor doesn’t reset and by the time I’m 70 I’ll have a good amount to get a few things.

The honor is nerfed into oblivion. It’s impossible to farm honor at the moment.
Edit: Not to mention the INSANE queue times on Horde. Absolutely INSANE.

yeah, if you don’t sleep you might barely get 20k honor in 48 hours on horde.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.