Hotfix seems to have skipped me... Where's my toons?

I know someone closed the thread a short time ago about missing characters, but even after restarting a bunch of times, I can see none of the toons I created in the past 2 months. I see my old characters on two different realms, but nothing at all on the realm I started with when I came back to wow recently. They are also not showing on the website under the see all characters option. Please tell me they are coming back and I don’t have to start from scratch all over again!!!

Hi Bemootiful,

Sorry to hear that some of your characters are still missing. Could you please try logging those characters out of World of Warcraft and then log out/back into the forums and see if they show on the website (worldofwarcraft.com) or here on the forums?

When you log out of the game your character data is refreshed on the various websites, so that is always a good way to try and “resync” your data.

Hi Maguthul
No, that didn’t work. My toons are still among the missing. Any other ideas? Please?

Hi Bemootiful,

Would you be comfortable sharing the realm and character name for some characters which are missing? If not, you can contact customer support to report the issue and share the information with them. Please let them know that you are referencing this post, and they should be able to route the information over to us on the web dev team.

I am not 100% sure of the realm, since I just clicked into a suggested low-medium population one, but I think maybe Kargath…? The toons include Grrly, TickledPink, SummerSun, PuckerUp, Moonlyte, and RainyDayz.

Greetings Bemootiful,

Could you please confirm that the login/logout you performed was specifically on the characters which are missing from your account?

Additionally, can you please try again and log into and then log out of each individual character which is missing? The character must be completely logged into and out of the game world for the character to be published to the website(s).

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks