Horror/Thriller Kdramas

Usually when I hear people talking of a korean drama they watched, it more often than not belongs to the romance genre. I’ll admit there are some really unique and/or funny romantic dramas out there but I see very little recognition going towards the darker genres.

The only thriller kdramas I’ve watched so far - and both were superb in terms of performance and screenplays - are Strangers from Hell (I kinda fell in love with Lee Dong-wook) and Forgotten. I have another manhwa called Killing Stalking on my reading list, and I’ve heard a lot of good things about it. There’s also the more recent movie Parasite that’s garnered a lot of praise worldwide.

Anyone else prefer watching thriller kdramas over rom-coms, or is it just me?

Hey there! Dont mean to hijack your thread or anything, just had a quick question…

I cant seem to create or reply to any threads in the “Off-Topic” category. i want to make an off topic thread, but it does not pertain to “movies/tv/entertainment”, “games and hardware” or “books and comics”. I see posts being made for “Off-Topic” but i can only read them. Is there something I’m missing? Any ideas?
I only ask cause I posted an off topic thread in GD and it got flagged…except I cant seem to post in Off-Topic.

Also, I’m sorry, I dont watch a whole lot of tv, so nothing helpful from me on korean drama.

Check out anything from the korean network OCN or Studio Dragon. They’ve always got something in a thriller/horror genre. A lot of their shows are on Netflix too like Save Me, Tunnel, Signal, Bad Guys, etc. You can also get the Viki app for fansubbed kdramas. Koreans really like cop/serial killer and time travel thrillers about as much as their predictable romcoms. I’m currently watching Flower of Evil, Lawless Lawyer, Nokdu Flower, Stranger season 2, and thinking of catching up on Train. Also just finished Life on Mars based on a BBC show. It was great. Probably better than the original.