Horror movies

I need a good, creepy horror movie to watch tonight. Anyone got any suggestions?

1 Like

Pends what kinds of horror do you like? Hack n slash, supernatural, gore, suspense?

Jaws

Da dun, daaa dun, dadada dun dun dun!

2 Likes

Suspense. Gore is fine if the plot is good.

1 Like

The mist an older one but stands up, in the tall grass another good one, poltergeist the og not the remake.

2 Likes

insidious is decent. It can be scary so long as you turn of the lights and make sure you are alone.

1 Like

The new IT movies are good.

1 Like

It follows

2 Likes

Such a good, underrated movie. Love the score too. When I’m in the mood for a horror movie, I turn to the classics:

• The Exorcist
  • Alien
  • The Shining
  • Friday the 13th

Some newer ones that I would recommend, besides It Follows, are:

• The Ritual
  • A Quiet Place
  • The Babadook
  • Let The Right One In
  • Let Me In (same movie as Let the Right One In but was made in the US)
  • The VVitch
  • It Comes At Night
  • The Conjuring
  • The Descent
2 Likes
  • Emelie
  • It Comes at Night
  • Creep
  • The Invitation
  • Hush
  • Split (the whole trilogy, even)
  • Misery
  • The Gift
  • It Follows
  • Get Out
  • The VVitch
  • 10 Cloverfield Lane
  • A Quiet Place
  • The Wicker Man (old or new, both good imo)
  • Lights Out
  • Don’t Breathe

Horror/thriller is my favorite genre.

2 Likes

here are some horror movies that flew under the radar for you guys. ive seen a ton but here are some that stuck out to me.
Splinter (2008). if you like gruesome zombie/gore movie this one is very thrilling.
Brain Damage (1998). if you like psychological horror movies that will make you think (as well as just being goofy). this one is hard to explain so ill leave it at that.
Slaughter High (1986). very gruesome movie of a bullied kid that comes back as a spirit to get revenge.
Curtains (1983). this one can be hard to get into for a lot of people as it’s very slow. has a killer soundtrack though. pretty creepy film.
Dark Tales of Japan (2005). Anthology movie. can be hard to find the sub of this film but very great and creepy. has 4 short stories. my favorite being ‘Crevices’ (episode 2 of the film)
Nightbreed (1990). great film, not much to say about it, just amazing.
P.S. - Try to avoid watching trailers for a lot of these as they spoil a lot of the fun.

1 Like

Also,

Splice is a great movie if you enjoy a bit of science with your horror

1 Like

Check out Shudder. It is the horror version of Netflix.

2 Likes

Mandy
Color Out of Space
The Void

1 Like

Scary Movie

Actually, not that scary.

Scary ones

Prometheus
Underwater
Life

Clearly Dokken has you covered:

You’ll be afraid alright, afraid for humanity’s future if two cartographers get lost in the ship they were mapping while the people whom weren’t mapping the ship was able to navigate the ship’s interior no problem.

“I was gonna read a map, but then I got high. I was gonna get back before the science guys but then I got high. And now I am in this pod chamber getting bit by alien worms and I know why! Why man, why? Cause I got high, cause I got high, cause I got high!”

2 Likes