Horrific Visions Updates Coming with Weekly Maintenance

Well, frankly if that is the case, then you aren’t the target of these systems anyway.
The reason they are there is to give players dramatic power gains as a reward for competitive and consistent progression.

Choosing to ignore them is frivolous because they are only there for competitive progression, and that mindset can not overlap with yours.

So do whatever you have fun doing, but realize that the appropriate response is to just try to better understand the purpose of the system and prepare for the inevitable power drop as a side effect of engaging power creep.

LMAO my god Blizzard cannot even do hotfixes without making a mess of it.

I’m glad it’s only 30% otherwise we would have been at risk at doing TOO MANY VISIONS! Could you imagine the humanity? Oh god people trying new things and doing the content. Sounds disgusting YUCK!

Edit: Why the hell do we even need a currency to do the visions? Just delete vessels already.

4 Likes

Just curious, why was this changed from 50% today?

2 Likes

How about doing something to help healers solo these damned things, since nobody wants to drag healers through.

Yeah, the fact that the patch has been live this long, and they still haven’t upped the spawn rates for these “get X of Y” quests so that they match the population doing said quests is just ridiculous.

2 Likes

Please make vessels stackable. There’s really no good reason for them not to be.

4 Likes

Oh, thank the GODS. I can finally catch up on a schedule that won’t blow school out of the water. Thank you so much!

Gotta say, I had hope upon logging in after work, that I would reclaim 4 bag slots from being used for Vessels of Horrific Visions. I was rather saddened that, while the Unique tag was removed, the stackability was not added.

Bag space is an utmost premium, one thing that we can barely ever get more of. Why these are not stackable, now that they are not Unique (5) (and even when they were), is beyond me.

Why do you hate our inventory space so much?

EDIT: Alternatively, remove the 25,000 cap on Coalescing VIsions, so we can just leave them in currency-form and just buy Visions as we need them. That would be an even easier fix I would think.

3 Likes

So many tears, :sob:

so what is the correct total for rank 11? My quest is still 8 pages while higher ranks require less???

Rank 11 requires 8 pages of fear and flesh, which is the book you looted way back on your rank 6 cloak quest.

You get 1 page of fear and flesh per medium or hard zone. Max 4 per run, so two runs.

When you get to rank 12, you start the other book (The final truth) which has pages that are only in hard zones.

Bliz halved the requirements for those quests, instead of doubling the rewards, because it doesnt make sense that hard mode pages drop from medium zones. Whereas it does make some sense that medium pages might also be in hard zones.

The bottom line is bliz halved the amount of runs you need to do (As long as you can clear), but they did it two different ways.

2 Likes

Make vessels stack please.

1 Like

Predictable doesn’t even begin to sum this up.

What a joke.

2 Likes

Ty that explains my issues.

With respect, I don’t think you understand all the different ways people play this game, or the ways they get enjoyment from it — just as I’m pretty certain I don’t. I have no problems with challenging (at my initial ilvls, anyway) material such as the Horrific Visions, but competitive and progression (as the latter term is used in referring to raiding) are the last things on my mind.

I get enjoyment out of PVEing my way to gear that, at the end of an expansion, means that I won’t get repeatedly pwned by world PVE trash (or quest) mobs on a regular basis at the start of the next expansion. So my “progression” is just playing through the various PVE reward systems Blizzard provides, for my large number of toons, while avoiding players who increase my stress level rather than sharing a good time.

YMMV, and no aspersions cast simply because you may enjoy other aspects of the game. It’s a big universe.

1 Like