Horrific visions, bloodthirsty stealth issue?

checking to see if it’s just me, but both my rogues (outlaw and assassination) drop stealth as the scenario buff: “bloodthristy’s” first circle thing appears. before it goes off, or inflicts any damage, as the first circle forms.

i thought it must be a bug, so i submitted it as such in-game. then i tried my druid out in there, and bloodthirsty didn’t drop her stealth.

is this just me? is it only supposed to affect rogues? the assassination rogue is using subterfuge as a talent, but it’s happening to the outlaw too, so…

1 Like

The game engine is a turd and stealth will randomly break from + or - aura application; it’s inconsistent and just a “Blizzard” problem that they don’t consider priority of any sort.

Hence Rogue game play quality suffers because of Acti-Blizz is incapable of high quality game mechanics in 2020.

This kind of behavior goes back to 6.0, where the same issues were present and Blizzard simply did nothing to remedy the problem; it persisted into 7.0 and they still do not care to this day in 8.X.

1 Like

It was ok yesterday but today stealth is breaking. I’m guessing it was a stealth (excuse the pun) nerf from Blizz because people were complaining rogues and druids had it ezmode stealthing past all the trash.

1 Like

Ran into the the OPs issue today. Standing at the entrance, stealthed, stealth will break. Re-stealth. Wait a couple seconds. Stealth breaks. No mobs in range. No effects firing. Stealth just randomly breaks.

Didn’t experience any issues on my druid or with any of my toons that used invis pots. Only rogue stealth seems to have an issue.

6 Likes

Same thing is happening on my sin rogue. Standing out of range of any mobs without the bloodthirst affix or any corruption gear procs going off my stealth is just randomly falling off.

2 Likes

Not just you. It happens to me on every run. Tried removing the corrupted gear and it still happens. The bloodthirsty isn’t proccing when stealth breaks, it just breaks. I’m adding a bug report, for all the good it’ll do.

1 Like

i’m actually sorry to hear it’s not just me.

i’m working around it. knowing stealth won’t be functional, i’ve been just clearing the mobs on whichever side i plan to do an extra wing on. i wait for stealth to break, then re-stealth and rush the mobs while it lasts.

it is annoying that it’s broken(assuming it’s not intended…), especially considering stealth is core to the class and affects talents, traits etc-- but it’s not holding my yellow dots back too badly from smushing thrall. and i’ve managed to aid garona and zekhan a couple times at least.

i just wish it wasn’t something we had to work around. “just playing” is more fun than “working around” the game. i’ll check again tomorrow after reset. submit another report if it’s still poo.

thanks guys!!

2 Likes

I’m doing the same thing. It’s annoying not only because it’s a core mechanic of the class, but because the first time I went in, I wasn’t expecting to drop stealth and wound up pulling basically everything around me and not having enough sanity left to complete the main objective. Wasting a run was super irritating.

1 Like

Put my name on the list. It’s very annoying.

1 Like

Same.

It’d be different if mobs had stealth detection, but the one’s in question don’t.

1 Like

Yep, wasted 10k coalescing visions just now on my rogue. Me and a druid were in a vision, stealthing past a mob where stealth just broke randomly with no mobs close enough to see. Druid was fine. Vanished to break the mob that pulled as we ran closer to them and was broken out immediately to which more mobs pulled and we were killed. Was able to stealth in there fine previously. Unable to find any hotfixes or updates to this, but it’s pretty frustrating I won’t be able to get to rank 6 before reset because of some underlying stealth-breaking issue. I definitely won’t get 10k more visions by tomorrow so, guess I’ll just wait?

Yeah, I failed 3 out of my 5 attempts this week, and two of them were because I vanished, and things just still killed me anyway despite giving no indication that they saw through stealth or having any DoTs/etc. on me at the time.

I’m no longer relying on vanish in these for the time being.

I had this exact problem on my Assassination Rogue. I can’t find an official explanation for this anywhere so I’m just avoiding doing Visions until we can confirm if this is a bug or somehow intended behavior.

I basically wasted two Visions trying to get past a pack I had stealthed past fine previously, and then Vanish didn’t even work lol.

Not many things in this game get me overly frustrated, but straight up confusing gameplay that wastes my time is just not fun lol

Can throw my name onto the list with this issue, too. Sin rogue.

I actually haven’t bothered with stealth in visions for this very reason. Just plop on my AOE set and go to town throwing fok and bleeding targets. Shame i cant use my class mechanic though.

Thank you for bringing this up. I honestly thought I did something wrong.

If you think this is bad, try doing the Rank 7 quest with the “Fiery Feet” debuff. I felt like a pinball. :frowning:

Rogue stealth has been busted for a while. It’s not just in the visions. Dropping stealth randomly is an issue.

The people that complain about stealthing past mobs should uninstall because thats part of their class if they want to skip through things then play a rogue or druid even a hunter. otherwise they should sit down and stop crying for once and play the game.

Dupe post from the tech forum:

Anyone follow Dratnos? Dude just did a full clear as outlaw with zero stealth issues. The bug seems to be with assassination. Anyone else confirm?