Horrific Vision -- emergency cranial defibrillation did not proc

Hi,

I ran a Horrific Vision last night and just before pulling Rexar I used the spell that restores all sanity and while it was activated I pulled the boss. Over the course of the fight I lost all my health but instead of the Emergency Cranial Defib restoring my health the run ended and I was returned to the chamber. I immediately opened a ticked requesting that I get a vessel refunded but they suggested that I ask on the forums since that is something only a dev was capable of doing.

Thanks.

1 Like

Are you able to look at your damage taken logs? When the Defib procs you are not invulnerable, which means you can still be taking damage while it’s going off. Could be you were killed and then basically while it was activating you were killed again.

1 Like

Is there a way I can see that after the fact? I actually have avoided running any other visions just in case it was easier for bliz to see my last vision run. It was definitely during a time that the action was heaviest (Rexar and 3 boars). I didn’t see any indication on the log at the time or graphically when this happened; my health emptied and I was on the ground the action kind of paused unusually then I received the failure sequence.

I’m almost positive you died a second time during it’s wind-up animation. It takes a couple seconds to res you and like Sharpen said, you’re not invulnerable. Rexxar has a ton of damage between him, the pigs, the marching crawly things and the traps.

I mean I don’t know for certain; if that’s possible then I wouldn’t rule it out. Usually when it activates the character is kind of floating in place while the health and sanity regenerates. What happened to me was that my health hit zero and I was immediately on the ground and there was a good 15-20 seconds of nothing happening before I the failure message started to play.

Edit: Oh, I definitely saw only one “You Died” message in the chat window. I don’t know if the spell is supposed to prevent death or res the player but that’s something I did notice for sure (if it matters at all).

There DEFINITELY needs to be some UI updates to the ECD mechanic. I have had it proc MANY times during a vision without realizing it.

Due to its nature, it often procs when you’re in the middle of a hectic situation and just trying to survive. When it does proc, there’s no announcement or debuff. You’re just left thinking “Oh wow, I barely managed to pull through that somehow!!!” So, later on, when things get even dicier, you die and fail thinking "WHERE WAS MY ECD!?!11

At the very least, there should be a debuff letting the player know that ECD has already occurred, so that there’s no expectation of it occurring later in the run.

1 Like