Horrible latency after S4 patch

Ever since DF S4 launched I’ve been having ridiculous latency spikes. My internet is fine and I don’t experience this issue with any other game. I normally have 30-60ms and now I hover between 300-1500. It is impossible to play right now.

Restarting modem/router doesnt do anything, DNS flush doesn’t do anything. Something is wrong on Blizzards end. I’ve seem similar posts on the EU forums.

I am having these issues US east.

2 Likes

I’m having the same here on both retail and SoD servers. My Internet download is as fast as can be, no router issues, yet as of the last week I’m constantly at like 300+ world ms and my home has been skyrocketing too

The rogue you’re posting with is on the Las Vegas server. There is another server in Chicago, but no servers are on the east coast.

If you live on the east coast and are having lag reaching the Las Vegas server, it’s likely an ISP routing issue.

2 Likes

After the patch I am noticing I am getting stuck on others servers after group content. This would happen before the patch, but logging out, joining other groups, all of that would fix the issue. After the patch I try that and I find myself still stuck on those servers. Not usually an issue…till you get onto an OCE server…and then you start having your exact same issues and it takes a while to reset back to your home server.

1200 ms world and 580 home :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

this happens every new patch, awful routing to blizz ASN…

I also started running into abnormal latency. However mine started on Friday (atleast the severe latency) Historically my latency was alway below 100ms, but now my latency hovers between 100 and 200 ms (both home and world), but whenever I get into instance or even sharded content (like cooking feast / siege on dragonbane keep, etc) my latency for world can get up over 2000ms (also known as 2 seconds) It would be greatly appreciated if somewhere Blizzard would acknowledge something is going on and if there will be a fix for the upcoming week of season 4.

On Saturday I was adoing a M0 with some friends from the West Coast (I live in the mid-west) and One person on that network didn’t have any latency while the other was having similar symptoms as myself.

Clearly with this many reports this is not just a single ISP, or someone’s router. Something is seriously wrong.

im also having problems as well. running trace now to show where its happening