Horrible FPS drops since patch

I’ve been scratching my head trying to change everything I have a old gaming laptop with i5 1050 ti thx never had a problem till recently where I just get these terrible unplayable fps drops just randomly wherever in the game it’s worse in df but even my alts were having fps drop in dungeons

1 Like

Problem for classic wotlk as well, I have a powerful rig, all addons are updated, drivers everything, only happened after Phase 2 patch for wotlk

Problems consist of ability animations being bugged and never ending, random freezes after mounting or collecting quest objectives.

Going from 170+ fps random drops to 50, I’ve checked everything on my end, all good and it only happens on Retail wow DF and classic wotlk. All started after recent content patches.

and in DF

1 Like

Found it. It was a Couldburst WA. No clue why disabling WA that one time still gave me FPS drops, maybe it’s more than one issue, not sure. But for now that should fix it.

1 Like

What kills me, is the forums are full of blues trying to insinuate that all of us are having router problems and its our hardware etc thats causing it. No way. Top end is being displayed by so many people, its not us. Its them, and I just dont understand why its so hard for them to just say “We are looking into this”…

3 Likes

What kills me more is a GM responded to me about the situation and the fact that nothing really has been said much about or discussed besides the consumers.

Disappointed, frustrated and upset is an understatement.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how we haven’t gotten any sort of blue response on this. I’ve never had performance issues in my life before this, and I’ve played WoW since 2009. This is abnormal and really needs to be addressed.

1 Like

I suggest we all unsub en masse. It’s the only language they will understand.

I have FPS drop issues as well. It seems some dungeons are fine but others are horrible. It gets so bad I just leave the group. This game is such trash. Should have just stayed unsubbbed.

Disabling Weakauras does seem to help—temporarily. However, as time goes on the freezeups start happening again and start becoming longer and longer.

I also can tell that as time elapses my comp is running louder and louder. As the freezes become more common it’s running as loud as it ever has for any game.

Not entirely convinced this is an addon issue, though using addons may aggravate the problem. Maybe some kind of memory leak?

I doubt it is an addon issue…

This forum has tons of people talking about this since the prepatch. Even links a video of a 4090 and latest cpu stuttering.

Massive stutters with DF client

dungeons just feel horrible, i got like this constant 2sec lag the entire run. Open world seems fine

I’m having same issues in dungeons

Any update from the one?

Updates on the forum I linked? Nope. I did however copy and paste my response from a GM it’s in that forum if you are referring to that. If not my apologies.

Thought I replied to this, seems to have disappeared though. This has been happening to me. Got in finally, fps froze me completely up. Got disconnected and lost over 200 points from my rating. Blizzard told me they had to treat it fairly as if I was a leaver. Brought up how literally everyone is complaining about this, but nope. “It’s fair” to them apparently.

I am having the same Issue.
AMD 5800X3D, RTX 4080, 64g 3600 RAM, Game is stored on a 2TB XLR8 NVME.
Before patch I was over 100. Very happy.
Now I am running exactly my old build.
On my old build I was getting around 1-30 FPS in city and up around 60-70 world. Raids were like city.

1 Like

yeah I looked at the EU forums to, same problems, massive freezing/fps lag/drops since DF release and wotlk phase 2 start.

it’s diff a blizzard problem, memory leak of some sort.

1 Like

:cry: can we get a blue ?

1 Like

I agree blue post please my fps has gotten worse with this patch and its happening outside the city more i cant keep playing like this its getting more likely to unsub i cant keep paying for something i cant really play.

1 Like

This fixed it for me. Literally a cloudburst weak aura was causing my FPS drops. That’s insane

1 Like