Horrible FPS drops since patch

Horrible FPS drops since patch.

Why?

20 Likes

Why are there not more people talking about this, just did an RBG and half of the game when there is a fight I can’t even move due to my screen being frozen

17 Likes

Yep!!! it seems to only be present in random bgs, dunno why.

2 Likes

Yep. Was riding 165fps last night doing old raids minus the spikes and unstable issue that’s on going. Today got 44fps doing firelands on a quick run on one of my characters.

What was your home and world latency at? My fps is great but my latency is hitting 4000ms. Its unplayable. I come back to the world and its 20ms…

1 Like

I am lucky if i get 5 fps in Valdrakken. Latency is about 30ms. BGs are completely unplayable. I could not even walk out of the gate on
else of conquest before it closed again at start. Did Blizzard even bother to playtest this on Mac?

1 Like

Just did a Random Timewalking. Had to leave after the first boss as I was getting complete freezeups lasting 8-10 seconds every couple of minutes.

2 Likes

This whole expansion I have been noticing my FPS drop in places it hasn’t before. Before I was only getting FPS drops/freezes on certain raid bosses. Today, I am getting FPS drops down to 30 by just being in combat!

1 Like

Is this without addons running? Because I had the same problem in bgs; just CONSTANT microstutters, but then I realized it was one of my addons, after running another bg with no addons enabled.

Did you happen to figure out which addon was causing the fps issue?

BigDebuffs

1 Like

Yep, that’s the addon that was causing my fps issues.

Thanks!

Running a 3080ti. Went from 140 fps on Monday to 7 after patch. SEVEN. Disabled all addons, still janky AF. I’m about to reinstall the entire game and see if that fixes it. Unplayable.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m doing now… been live about 40 minutes since login and I’m running 10-14 fps on a more top-end pc. Not sure what’s going on since the patch & new Nvidia drivers. Currently reinstalling to see what’s up also :confused:

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-12700K
Video Card NVIDIA EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3
Operating System Windows 11
RAM 32 GB
2 Likes

Testing re-install now. Should be done 1-2 mins. (Also put it on a new hard-drive to make sure mine wasn’t failing for some reason or corrupted)

UPDATE

Reinstall did nothing, new HDD did nothing.

Reverting Nvidia drivers back to the older patch might be my next go-to. Will let you know.

1 Like

I hope you mean SSD and not HDD.

3070 here
64gb of ram
5800x

Fps drops are absolutely stupid.

4 Likes

Please please fix this. Game is absolutely unplayable now.

1 Like

3 fps when flying throught Valdrakken, during BGs and Raids the game is practically unplayable.

6700xt
32 gb ram
5700x
2 NVMe SSD’s

2 Likes

I am still getting horrible fps in arena and combat