Horrible FPS drops since patch

I can raid on my ideapad flex 4 amd potato, but not on my desktop gaming rig.

1 Like

That has got to be miserable… I am so sorry :confused:
No matter what settings I put it to or have messed with nothing helps. So I just keep it max settings…

1 Like

Yea, blizzard is not admiting sh1t.

1 Like

Yeah my FPS is also subpar for the PC that I have in a major hub and extremely low, sometimes even freezing if there are too many enemies getting damaged at the same time. I get 180 FPS to 200 FPS in most other games on ultra settings but in WoW the FPS just get annihilated.

1 Like

This. In some zones it higher others it’s terrible. How’s even for vanilla content. Cpu usage is at 35 max… and gpu usage 70ish max… Zones could both use 60 but one zone getting 60 fps and the other 145… Crazy.

1 Like

This is mostly a duplicate thread >>

I am 100% fine everywhere in open-world. Raids are 2-10 fps even with i9-9900k 3.60ghz, 32Gb DDR, RX-6700 XT, and installed on M.2 boot drive.

2 Likes

Adding to this huge thread as I am seeing horrible FPS performance during raid encounters.

Overall raid performance has been absolutely abysmal in DF. My FPS drops down to 20-30 during raid encounters, even with raid graphics set to 7. When not in combat I am around 170-200FPS! In the open world I sit around 150FPS with the game set at 9! Even in Valdrakken I get over 60 FPS. All this on a 1440p, 144hz G-Sync monitor.

In SL raids I never saw performance drops like this and would sit around 100 FPS during boss fights. My computer has not changed. I am running a water cooled Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 GB of RAM and a water cooled Nvidia 3080. WoW is installed on a m.2 drive and I recently did a full fresh install. I do not have Ray-tracing enabled!

I should not be getting this kind of FPS performance during raid encounters. WoW has always been known for running super smooth, even on older machines, but this appears to not be the case anymore.

Hopefully this gets addressed, performance should be a top priority.

2 Likes

MY rig is not as good as yours but is close enough. Having the exact same issue since Tuesday.

1 Like

Try this just worked for me, my add-ons were causing the spikes so I switched my background fps to 200, no more fps drops.

1 Like

Since Tuesday’s patch I have been having mostly regular fps, but I have noticed these split second fps stutters when moving through certain areas, and its repeatable. As an example, exiting the bank in Valdrakken, there is this .5 second fps drop that occurs when walking through the same area. It’s almost as if assets are loading in and freezing the screen all at the same time. Anyone else notice these little area based stutter drops?

1 Like

Frame stutter still happens since pre-patch.

1 Like

i think people are forgeting this is a game from 2004 and its made to run on one core of the CPU. and no matter if uou have a high end computer system the FPS in some zones are going to suck

1 Like

Na it ran great before pre patch

4 Likes

WoW received multithread optimization in like WoD. These performance issues began on one specific day for EVERYBODY that has them (pretty sure everyone does but alot of people arent perceptive to it)

Pre-patch. That’s when this started.

2 Likes

Trash tech work. I clicked “Play” and totally forgot about it.
Then, like 20min. later, the game loads. I was also WTF is this?
Amazing it took this long.

All other games, you click to launch and play, and it opens.
Not WoW or Blizzard games. It’s like they have some kind of grift going at the risk of their business model and probably under pain from what FTC can do to them. It’s easy to be a woke nerd and pretend there’s no consequences to shady shenanigans until consumers bang the drums. Then…UH OH TIME. Better call counsel and risk management = by that time you already failed.

1 Like

multithread optimization is diffrent than having the game locked one core of the CPU

A single physical CPU core with hyper-threading or simultaneous multithreading appears as two logical CPUs to an operating system. The CPU is still a single CPU, so it’s a little bit of a cheat. While the operating system sees two CPUs for each core, the actual CPU hardware only has a single set of execution resources for each core. The CPU pretends it has more cores than it does, and it uses its own logic to speed up program execution. In other words, the operating system is tricked into seeing two CPUs for each actual CPU core.

Hyper-threading allows the two logical CPU cores to share physical execution resources. This can speed things up somewhat — if one virtual CPU is stalled and waiting, the other virtual CPU can borrow its execution resources. Hyper-threading can speed your system up, but it’s nowhere near as good as having actual additional cores.

1 Like

Yep, a hyperthread is basically like 10-25% of a real core, in terms of real world metrics, since it relies on weaving in instructions during gaps in the execution chain. Hence “threading.”

Nah, I’ve show forum proof from each expansion where people say the same things every time and then pushback the dates to before one of the prepatches and you’ll still see the same complaints. There’s pretty much always complaints of stuttering, low performance, lag, etc.

Try using the search feature some time, here’s an example for all of Shadowlands up until just before the DF prepatch:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/search?expanded=true&q=stutter%20%23support%3Atechnical-support%20before%3A2022-10-24%20after%3A2020-10-15

Change the before and after dates to other time periods and you’ll see, it’s always been there. The Mandela Effect is real…

Are you browsing Tech Support to disagree with peoples reports? LOL. New levels of pathetic. Touch grass homie.

1 Like

I’m disproving the claim that the stuttering and lower fps issues were new with the DF prepatch, by showing search results for posts prior to the prepatch. Within those search results, you’ll see the same “stutter stutter lag stutter lag” type complaints over the entirety of Shadowlands. By applying extremely basic logic and reasoning skills, one can safely assume that there have been problems, for some, all along.

As for DF, there was the intial shader caching cvar bug, but that was fixed within the week. The CPU requirements increased with this expansion, so in areas that are CPU heavy, like capitals with dozens of players, you’ll see degraded performance vs prior expansions; due to CPU bottlenecking. If WoW didn’t slowly upgrade the engine over all these years, we’d still be playing on 1Ghz CPUs with 512MB of ram…

Get some fresh air, don’t think that bottleneck between your head and fingers is any healthy. WoW stutters on a 7950X3D.

1 Like