Horrible Customer service! Find someone to answer us please

World of Warcraft
Crashes

Description: AW R3 Laptop works for everything else but Blizzard games. WoW or Heroes sits for 5 mins and sometimes in wow less then 20 secs and then shuts my whole computer down. FPS normally will be as high as 97 or a lil less but now its 21 to 29fps and my toon just cant get around without tons of lag! I have done everything everyone is suggesting. Formatted completed and back to old drivers on my AMD rx 5500 VGA drivers. Nothing works. There is no answer from Blizz, no answer from AMD. I have reported to AMD and nothing back. Blizz has one post and the suggestion doesn’t work because the blue poster doesn’t get it. He comments on the GAMES NOT LOADING and meanwhile everyone is saying game loads it just shuts down not long after loading! This is a week old and we are paying for your game. Im a 19 year subscriber but Im to a point I really need to find a new game as I’m to old (61 now) & tired of problems and no answers from Blizzard! If you could at least give us responses in forums or where ever on your Blizzard (not twitter for crying out loud as we all do not use Elon Musk crap) forums it would make a big difference. There is now AMD users who are so sick of your non response they have said they are done playing. Check out your own forums and Reddit for the thousands of people who are so angry they cant play wow on their computers with an AMD GPU. I’m on hubbys laptop to play as he has an Nvidea graphics card and its awesome as it doesn’t crash! You might be saying this is all AMD’s problem but other games play its just Blizz games that crash our computers! Give us some answers, even if its a your working on us, some answer to what is the problem is! Imo you all just sit back waiting for players to figure it out for you. Laying off 1600 people was not MS’s best move when they took over the company and maybe just sell it back or let someone else try. One of the best game in the world but the worst tech support and customer service in the world of gaming :frowning:

Blizzard can’t really help, given the fact there’s different GPUs, different motherboards, CPUs, general age of rigs. Blizzard isn’t able to fix what seems to be a driver issue. It’d be busy if you posted in the bug report, if not the hardware forum. The CS forum isn’t able to do much on the matter itself.

1 Like

I stopped reading after the first sentence, the rest just seems like a rambling, nonsensical wall of text. If there’s something relevant or useful in there, post it again in a legible format without all the added bluster.

From what I was able to understand of the first sentence, you start a game and the whole computer just shuts down like it lost all power? That points very much towards a hardware issue. If it was a software issue, the computer might totally lock up, crash back to the desktop, blue screen, restart, or throw some kind of an error message.

If this were a desktop, I’d recommend swapping the power supply. Being a laptop? If you’re trying to run it only from battery power, that might be a problem. If the battery is starting to fade, it may not be able to keep up with the higher demands any more. If it does that when you have it plugged in, then you really have to take it up with the manufacturer. Hopefully it’s still under warranty.

You could maybe try getting a beefier power brick for your laptop, but that’s really stretching it.

ATI has had a track record back long before wow was even a thing of having compatibility issues with many things that is why i will never own a ATI graphics card. Blizzard can not fix broken drivers . The only fix blizzard can offer is run the game in dx 11 until ATI fixes there hardware.

Its not just wow having issues with ATI hardware, There is a long list of games having issues.

1 Like

Maybe you’ve been getting bad customer service because you’ve been talking to them like this? :chicken:<—> :egg: situation.

3 Likes

So from what I’m gathering from a very cursory skim of the second rambling wall of text you posted is you don’t want any help. Wish granted! Good luck figuring it out on your own! Don’t worry, you don’t have to come back and thank me when you realize I’m right.

Yeah, Blizzard doesn’t own every hardware and software in the world. Blizzard can’t make another place hardware work because you said they should. More so when it’s clearly something made by someone else. Don’t know why it’s hard to understand if it’s all linked to one place, this being AMD, then the makers of AMD will be the one you’d need to talk to as other people are able to play the game just fine.

1 Like

Well mindless rant aside, I have an AMD desktop and the video driver update came out on the 20th of april and somehow amd failed to notify me, so just maybe your drivers are kaputski and you don’t know it yet? Fruthermore my card is like an rdx 6500 or something like that and my card has been on the obsoletion bubble for some time now. You may be underpowered as well.
And as an even further note, I have saved my crash reports to my desktop and AMD has been fabulous fixing stuff with each update because of it, so you may not want to opt out of crash reports when the screen goes black