Horde! Transfer to Deviate Delight!

And you can’t have our good horde players either?

Hands off mon ami.

Lerrisa

Best of luck to ye lads and lassies

1 Like

Hate to hear you guys are going, was looking forward to joining you on the battlefield when we head over to Kalimdor. Sounds like some of you need to talk to you ISPs. I live on the East Coast and ping 38 to DD and 72 to Grobb. That’s not really a material difference for me as I don’t compete at the top tier of arenas. Honestly, Blizzard should have made it central to begin with, but Blizzard has been stupid when it comes to RP-PvP since the beginning.

I’m sure others will miss you too and hate to see you go. Even if the 34 ms difference in ping for me was a huge deal, I still wouldn’t move. I’ve done this before, watch the weaker server die even if the quality of the players was higher. Maelstrom had great people, but it died. Trying to recruit roleplayers on that server before we moved to ED was horrid, half the time we were just cannibalizing people from other guilds that had failed because they simply couldn’t get enough people. I argued with Nearo that we should go to Wyrmrest Accord instead as Emerald Dream is a dying server. I stand by my opinion that Emerald Dream is a dying server with the new changes, and now after Classic, it will be dead and never recover. So I’ve watched this rodeo twice now, third time is not going to be a charm. In the end, my gut tells me DD will die off, and probably die off quickly. Hope you guys keep your names and control of the guild tag here. Just incase.

I’ll answer you more fully later on our guild transfer thread, but I just wanted to address this here since it’s relevant.

First, with regard to Maelstrom, it was fine for several expansions. In fact, Huntress had basically given up on the game at the end of BC due to where the lore was going, when the Maelstrom population was still fine. Hopefully the lore isn’t going anywhere with Classic.

And whether any Classic server can survive past the end of Vanilla content is, in my opinion, a very open question. I don’t think there’s much danger to DD population before then.

With regard to DD, thus far we’ve been pleasantly surprised that it’s so much easier to recruit there, though I’m not sure what that means for server longevity. However, I think if the faction balance remains where it is now, DD will be ripe at some point for a Horde PVPbro invasion as happened on Emerald dream, which would rejuvenate the population and would not be unwelcome to us, since we’re focused on fightng against the Horde.

It’s not as certain to survive until the end of Vanilla content as Grobbulus is, but I think DD’s chances are extremely good.

2 Likes

It won’t let me reply to myself on our transfer thread, so I’ll put the additional response here.

Not being on the same server as KTM is definitely a down side to moving.

Some of it might be ISP specific. Sulime and I have noticed the difference, though; the response really does feel snappier. And perhaps we are more sensitive to ping from when we were grinding Commander and then in BC when we did arenas under duress, even though it wasn’t top tier.

Yes. Or at least Chicago data center as the more central data center, assuming data center location is the issue for the ping.

As mentioned in the other thread, I think DD will last until Classic content exhaustion. Whether and what servers can survive a transition to a nonprogressive end game is an open question, but if worse comes to worst, we’ll probably get a chance to transfer back to Grobbulus at that time if we want.

Out of curiosity, what made you evaluate Emerald Dream as a dying server back in, I think it was, end of Legion? Did you think war mode killing the distinction between PVE and PVP servers was the issue?

1 Like

You have to do the character transfer through the shop until the queue comes up. It is, however, free.

The current estimated time for the transfer to complete is 12 hours on the initiation screen and 9 hours on the character selection screen after initiation, but my transfer got completed in 4 hours. Either way, if you’re planning to play, you may want to start the transfer at the end of your play session rather than at the beginning.

Detailed instructions here:

Was really one thing I noticed and one thing I was told. Outside of our immediate ally of Clan Battlehammer that we had rolled with into Alterac Valley a few times while we were still on Maelstrom, I found most of the community to be pretty uninviting. Sure, there are some individuals that are amazing, but it pretty much split into two groups, the “Only we know WPvP” crew and the super touchy crew. The first didn’t impress me because we came up through the grinder of Bleeding Hollow, so it wasn’t anything new. They weren’t so bad, I just got tired of hearing about it. The second crew got me kicked and banned from discords and causing Nearo a headache because I referred to a guy everyone was complaining about as a retard.

The second thing was a few guild leaders reached out to me when they heard we were considering a move to Emerald Dream. They stated several of the more serious roleplay guilds were leaving ED for WRA after getting tired of being harassed. I found that to be a pretty big red flag. The other ED leaders laughed it off like it was bs. They seemed correct for awhile cause nothing happened, then suddenly, several of the rp guilds left.

So those are all indications to me it was a dying server. I had also pointed out before our move that with the coming war mode change, there was nothing to keep WRA from becoming the best RP-PvP server. While I don’t think WRA has turned into a world PvP paradise since that community seemed less than inspired about the migration, ED has definitely been adversely affected by war mode change and sharding.

I hope things work out for you guys there. I have to say one of my most enjoyable moments from the BFA changes was when I got sharded onto one with you all. Had no idea you all were back at that time. Seeing you all playing again and out in the wild killing Horde brought back a lot of great memories and reasons for why I play the game.

3 Likes

All my new and old friends are on Grobb ))

So get them all to transfer!

I believe most of them will stick with Grobb. Also I already have some interesting rivals on Alliance side )) pvp seems very fun and fair so far and you meet the same mage or paladin several times during your adventure. Reminds me of the nemesis system.

We only want RPers. The rest of you can stay here.

1 Like

Prediction:

In three years, they will launch Classic TBC. Grob and DD Vanilla realms will probably merge.

So those that are leaving, we’ll see you in a few years.

2 Likes

Redwood Tribes is staying on Grobbulus.

1 Like

Just an FYI - EST servers are in chicago, they aren’t in new york anymore.

So it’s a chicaco data center (DD) vs a west coast data center.

Already there! My crew will be bolstering the horde ranks! :facepunch:

1 Like

All the more reason to prefer DD since the ping will be better for everyone not on the west coast.

how about no and i transfer my foot up your culo.

Honestly this is getting pathetic your server is most likely going to stay Low pop (sometimes medium at peak times) no matter how many threads you make in our forums.

2 Likes

I’ve transferred, so you’ll have to transfer if you want to do that.

Getting worried?

Honestly, I don’t think transfers are a threat to anything on Grobbulus other than the queue times.

Even on Deviate Delight, we don’t need transfers for population; we just need transfers for population balance. That’s why I’m only encouraging Horde to transfer.

Hopefully it does stay medium pop (even though Blizz has already said classic’s medium pop have more players than the biggest realms of 2006). As I found Grob great, but a little too zergy for me.

I prefer the true vanilla WoW experience of a smaller realm without layers.

2 Likes