Horde or Alliance

I’m having trouble figuring out which faction to play.

I’ve mostly played horde for years now, with some alliance sprinkled in here and there. Bfa was where I played alliance a lot more.

So many things I prefer more on the horde side, but the one thing I like about the alliance more are the races. I absolutely love void elves and I’m super jealous the alliance got them. With the horde races I’m not a huge fan of them. And I’m playing my class through the race I choose.

So while I like the horde more, I’m always bummed about my race. I buy quite a few race changes on the horde because I change my races constantly. I get bored of the horde races.

But with the alliance I love void elves! I like kul tirans a lot. Gnomes can die though.

alliance story line has always been better. I think.

1 Like

Sometimes. I think the bfa zones the horde story was better. But Boralus is so much better than zuldazar

1 Like

I was horde only from BC until the start of BFA. I’ve been mostly alliance since with a bit of horde sprinkled in. I have to say it’s been awesome. I love the alliance.

If you’ve been mostly horde I would highly suggest going alliance. Alliance also have VASTLY superior cities.

1 Like

I mean, the Horde is basically an ancillary arm of the Alliance, with all the quislings on the “Horde Council.”

Drustvar is the best zone in the entire game

The only thing that kind of bothers me on the alliance side is the average skill level of alliance players is much lower than the average skill level of horde players.

Now I know both sides have good and bad players. But I find alliance groups generally aren’t as good as horde groups.

1 Like

If you want to do any type of real gameplay go Horde, if you prefer RPing go Alliance legit that’s the way it is in most cases.

1 Like

If you pug, groups are cross faction. That line has blurred so much it’s non existent now.

If you want to do serious content AND be alliance go with an alliance heavy server like Stormrage. No shortage of guilds pushing content there.

Yeah I only pug. So I know in that area it doesn’t matter.

But I mean in like outdoor content, lfr, and stuff like that. Like when ever I group for a world boss on the horde side there are always a bunch of super geared players who top dps charts. On my alliance toons I usually end up near the top of the charts and I’m like Ilvl 435 on my alliance toons lol

I swear alliance players practice more of their rp skills than their class rotations lol

With how alt friendly things are getting, and even more so with warbands, just make one of each

I have all 13 classes max level on horde.

And 5 classes max on the alliance side.

1 Like

I mean, not my experience so far but mileage may vary.

Good luck to you in whatever you choose.

If you want to play a female void elf then that makes sense because female void elves and female blood elves are I guess about even in attractiveness, but the male void elf hair options are totally garbage compared to what male blood elves have. One of the worst things about going from male blood elf to male void elf is not having great hair anymore

play both :slight_smile:

Horde are the popular faction, but play what you like. Alliance have everthing better: pvp short queue, better quests, better looks, better story, better love.

Know why that is? Cause Ion and company buffed the Horde so much that the vast majority of Alliance guilds rerolled Horde.
That kind of leaves a skill deficit, ya know?

I guess it just depends on your tastes. Although I do notice that Horde has more raiding guilds so if you’re into that then I guess Horde.

The narrative team doesn’t like factions so it doesn’t matter from a story perspective. In PvP, Alliance has a slight edge in DF because of racials.