Horde or Alliance Experience better?

So I just got a gaming pc and am getting back into WoW classic in preparation for TBC. I’ve usually rolled Alliance because I generally enjoy the early leveling experience more than horde, but the Blood Elf zones are my absolute favorite zones to level in, I also want to roll a paladin either as a main or alt for TBC. What’s more fun for you? Horde or Alliance based on the zones, questing, leveling and end game experiences?

1 Like

Population, city placement, transportation routes, non-hostile leveling zone availability and flight paths all favor Horde.

3 Likes

Horde leveling is more fluid and better in my opinion. When it comes to TBC leveling is almost identical.

The zones look better as alliance but there are so many travel quests that are a pain.

Alliance have better quests and zones aesthetically, but gameplay wise Classic is heavily horde favored. From flight points, to skewed populations, to better racials, to safer zones (ie alliance are forced to pvp flag when crossing continents, horde don’t)

2 Likes

Leveling experience and half way through endgame favors Horde but the ultimate raiding endgame favors the Alliance.

1 Like

I leveled a horde mage to 60 very quick. On my ally toons though, I feel like it’s taking FOREVER lol.

For the Alliance.

Horde. Only reason I play alliance on retail is because of irl friends that refuse to switch.

In classic I play horde out if nostalgia. Was horde from vanilla through cata until I met Irl friends and swapped alli.

Retail - strong horde advantage.
Classic - more balanced but still slight horde advantage.

Edit-i should note that I’m looking at this from the perspective of raids asap, getting his asap etc is my goal. Not world first or anything just while it’s still current content.

If you plan to play casually and not do the stuff I mentioned in the edit either faction is perfectly fine.

Played both since the beginning and I see no difference. After the starter zones everyone are in the exact same zones anyway.

Play the one you find aesthetically pleasing.

Leveled horde first, now I’m doing alliance and tbh, I much prefer alliance because there’s a lot of variety until like mid 30s, horde is basically the barrens and other zones that look just like barrens.

The only thing that sucks for me personally is getting to SM as ali is a pain

3 Likes

I like the alliance starting zones and capitals

Don’t mean to be a dick but you should edit atheistically to aesthetically. I only say this because atheistically pleasing is a hilarious phrase by itself so I had to say something. I totally get what you mean tho.

The difference is not as big as most claim it to be, but there are differences. The important point is you will be 100% able to do all content whichever faction you choose so if none of the other factors are important to you then what Arkane said is completely correct.

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

I can’t believe my autocorrect corrected to THAT! :joy:

1 Like

i started levelling a horde on faerlina to test some things going into BC
I saw more names in the first few zones than I have in the past few months in all of herod ally

slight…

thats a huge amount of Copium there

1 Like

The best experience is with a group. Vanilla through WotLK without a guild and players you enjoy doing content with is a tedious slog- so whatever you pick make sure you’re on a server with a sizable population of the faction you choose.

Aside from that- I can’t tell you which aesthetic you prefer, but in terms of world design, BG design, racials it favours Horde and as a result pvp servers are heavily slanted in their favour.

In TBC actual performance is closer, especially since they’re giving both factions seal of blood, but since Horde has bigger endgame communities already established, Horde will be considerably bigger on pvp realms, and blood elves will bring a more casual environment to Horde pve realms.

Basically, if you want to find more players, have more advantages, and have the upper hand in pvp- Horde is the clear choice.

Alliance’s only real benefits are they’ve a far more casual playerbase on pve realms if you like that, and there’s far fewer pserver alt right crazies since they all optimized and went Horde.

Horde have it easier when leveling and dungeons do to where the dungeons are and the quest hubs and locations are extremely better placed. Lvling this toon to 60 was just a nightmare compared to me horde toons

That’s because there are 20,000+ horde players on Faerlina. Go to Benediction where the population is 20,000+ for alliance and it would be the same for alliance.