Horde or Alliance? Does it matter?

The Horde have the undead

1 Like

The server is what matters if that’s the only content you plan to do. The cross faction / realm guilds are now in place and awesome to have, BUT they still have this little issue of not being able to “que” up for anything together if on different factions. Kind of silly, but it is Blizzard we are talking about.

1 Like

Could always return with new races and new faces. :8ball::robot:

It doesn’t really matter. Alliance tend to do better in PVP overall recently, so if you want to do casual BGs you’re better off with Alliance. Horde tend to do better in Epic BGs when the season is over.

1 Like

Some of my Horde friends said that to play content, better racials and a more mature social experience do Horde.

If your into story and always being in the right side in WoW history, go with Alliance, since they barely lost any leadership (more stable story too, some say) and you don’t have to worry of losing any of the OG NPC heroes…since they are always the good peace fighters of the cast of NPCs in Azeroth. (Or so my friends keep reminding me EVERY TIME I decide to play with my Horde Alts lol :rofl:)

I don’t agree with some of this nesercerly but its what I heard talks about.

SO I say play the faction that you like or have more friends to play it…

I LOVE MY HORDE, but all my friends are in Alliance (that are currently playing), “cuz Horde bad, with ugly bad guys/monsters with Primitive Trash Cities” as they call it.

Just chose where you have more fun honestly and can get to do the content you like done with players or people you know! Where ever your fun is, whether is RED or BLUE!

:dracthyr_nod:

1 Like

i have a long standing preference for the horde. i like the underdog feel and i have a failry strong dislike for most human characters in the game. they are whiny to me. anduin…

i also prefer horde aesthetics.

I pick foresaken almost always when I can. cannibalize is great while leveling and will of the foresaken is a sleeper top racial, especially for tanks. no question it is a niche thing, but when you need it… plus bis dance emote.

both troll and orc have great burst racials.

blood elves are great for attitude and +crit.

for casual play, probably the racials don’t matter. I would still go for horde aesthetics.

2 Likes

Well one of them is clearly favored by Blizzard. So you decide if you wanna be adored or ignored.

2 Likes

I legit swapped to Alliance way back in the day because one of the biggest issues I had with my Horde server was finding mature people. It’s so wild how the culture of the game can be so different from server to server.

As for OP, I’d choose a race over a faction. I’m much more invested in Dwarven lore than overall Alliance lore. Try to find something you click with.

As for servers, I can only really speak for OCE but Frostmourne is the big Alliance server, and Barthilas is the big Horde one.

2 Likes

The horde has smol flips and spins

The alliance has tall flips and spins

Take your pick on the superior jumping races!

1 Like

I change my main everytime i need.
Honestly, main means does nothing to me since they share the achievements through all my toons. It just ‘love’ from yo heart! And it explains as main!!

1 Like

Factions are dead. The story in game for factions mean nothing today. The vicious horde is as weak as the honorable alliance now days. There was a time when you played a specific faction to represent the side you related to at the core. The World of Warcraft in its current state is a clear indication that times have changed. Holding hands, faking friendships to get ahead and degrading players for having little to no knowledge is the new Warcraft.

You want a high-pop server that’s majority your faction… it will make it easier for crafting and buying non-commodity items from the AH (at least until they make both of those things region-wide, but currently they’re server-specific which is awful on low-pop realms).

I don’t know how current these server population sites are, but they should still be relevant (even if the data is stale, it would likely be attrition across the board and the ranking would still be the same/similar).

https://raider.io/realms/us

https://wowanalytica.com/statistics/region/us

https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

1 Like

I play both sides and I just assume most do but the only situation where it might matter is if you are competing at the level of esports teams that win major cash prizes. Those teams however are out of the reach for likely 98% of every wow player however.

And even then it mostly matters because the team will dictate horde or alliance.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter in the slightest, most things are split down the middle in PVP and PVE there are plenty of raid/mythic guilds on both sides.

1 Like

That was saved by the Alliance/ Velen. You’re welcome.

It hasn’t changed.

Post-“pick flowers together” = play on a server your faction dominates.

Pre-“pick flowers together” = play on a server your faction dominates.

The faction war fading into obscurity hasn’t changed anything regarding gameplay.