Horde morale is low

I would have loved this. But, what we got is what we got, sadly.

1 Like

I still am of the opinion that another faction war expansion is not what we needed. But, it is what it is, I guess. Sigh.

4 Likes

We’re committed, like WoD. Maybe Blizz will learn from their mistakes. Like WoD.

Maybe. There’s a lot that’s got to change, though…not just with WoW, but with the gaming industry itself on that note.

1 Like

The richer they get, the more they lose of their soul. It’s a slipperly slope for most of the game companies I’ve grown up loving, sadly :frowning:

2 Likes

You mean, do better next time and then immediately un-learn all those lessons the expansion after that?

Cos that’s been the pattern for a while now and I’ve been clinging to that hope ever since the War of Thorns, but after the recent news I dunno. I’m not sure that’s good enough anymore.

3 Likes

2 out of 4 years is better than 0 out of 4. From a “glass half full” perspective. xD

Oh, I can get behind this. I’ve tended to enjoy the game more when they don’t focus on the faction fighting because 1) I’ve tended to find the setting and its other elements more interesting and 2) they are so. so. so bad at this faction war thing.

They shouldn’t need to keep learning the same lesson over and over. At this point I think a wary distance is the safer course.

2 Likes

I must say I sometimes feel the deficit of faction lore - I do like feeling like the Alliance and Horde mean something. Kul Tiras and Zandalar have been amazing from that point of view. We don’t need faction war to have faction lore.

4 Likes

Blizzard’s half full glass is leaking profusely out of its bottom. I envy your optimism, but I don’t care if they even turn it around anymore tbh. With a person like Robert “make people fear for their livelihoods” Kotick at the wheel, Blizzard is effectively dead to me.

Hopefully the game gets better for the people who do enjoy it and actually care about the quality Blizzard puts into it. It still has the potential to be turned around - a game never doesn’t have potential.

2 Likes

I was being sarcastic there. Sorry that it wasn’t clear, hard to convey over text!

In all seriousness, Blizzard is losing its soul. I mentioned that above. Well, at least WoW is. I don’t know how to put it, but the passion for the story doesn’t seem there anymore. Last Blizzcon panel, Alex looked more wryly amused than actually passionate about the story, and later, in interviews, when they’re asked questions like “So where’s the Vindicaar?” and they just shrug and say “eh, not necessary to plot.” It’s like… there’s no care in that. There’s no love. No passion. Blizzard, somewhere along the line, has lost that. I don’t know where. But they lost it.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s alright. Sorry for misunderstanding. xD. I just know a lot of people around here still have optimism for it, even though I couldn’t care less anymore.

What if we get Horde morale so low, that it comes full circle and is high again?

3 Likes

It’s a tricky one for me. I want to be optimistic, and damn me but I still love the universe and story of wow. Even now, I actually don’t HATE the story, though I acknowledge it’s far from the best it’s ever been. I’m certainly still happy about the good bits. Allied Races? Amazing. Kul Tiras and Zandalar? Amazing. Faction War? Ehhhh… I’m over that one.

That said, I’m not optimistic about the overall quality of the game. Not entirely at least. I certainly don’t think that two good years followed by two bad years is a sustainable or sensible business model, no matter how you look at the glass.

And I confess I’ve been demoralised by the exodus of several long-term WoW friends. I disappeared myself since around mid-December (although I came back out of boredom and a desire for RP). But I don’t think I’ll ever truly put effort into the game again. I’m doing the bare minimum to gear and experience story. Hell I’ve only done the G’huun raid once. On LFR. I don’t even remember what it’s called.

The sad thing for me though is even as I don’t hate the story… the excitement is gone. It’s evaporated. Absent. I’m not hyped anymore… and I was hyped about wow for a great many years. And I guess what I’ve been noticing is… I don’t think the Blizzard devs are now either. It’s at that point where they’re making sequels because the money is good, NOT because they’re passionate about the world they’ve built and have a story to tell. And I think that’s a shame.

2 Likes

Horde morale shouldn’t be low, we have the best races and zones.

1 Like

The state of WoW has turned me into every crestfallen knight in every Soulsborne game. That’s who I am now.

3 Likes

8.1.5… please. Give me something to believe in again :pensive: I’m dead inside.

2 Likes

Ummm excuse me?! For the record sir if my Denver Broncos are not in the Super Bowl I watch it and root for a good game, not a slaughter (slaughters are fine when it’s the Broncos doing it which won’t happen for a while now lol)

There’s no actual content in 8.1.5, right? It’s just the allied races and a couple of rooms.

1 Like
5 Likes