Horde heirloom vendor

I’m not sure if this is a bug, or if my character is just stuck in a weird phase, or something. I hadn’t played since Legion (before the BFA launch event). So I can’t do the battle for undercity (from my understanding that was removed after the pre-patch and BFA launched). I have done all of the BFA intro quests (I have the Welcome to Zandalar achievement). I also levelled up to 50 and got the Dying World quest, and got my Heart of Azeroth.

The heirloom vendor (and Forsaken refugees) are not on top of the Orgrimmar gate where they should be. Even though Undercity is green goo now. I know I can talk to Ziradormi and still go to Undercity, and that’s my workaround for now (it is a hassle). But I’m not sure if this is something that can be fixed, if it’s a bug, or if I just didn’t do something that I need to do.

I also had problems with Silithus being in the wrong phase until I got my Heart of Azeroth, that particular phasing issue did eventually fix itself.

My first thought is that you are phased in Org. Either from Chromie Time or a quest.

I checked Chromie…when I first started levelling in BFA content, I only saw Legion dungeons, and it turned out I was Chromie phased into Legion. I “returned to the present” to fix that, and Chromie doesn’t offer me anything now.

I considered that maybe since I wasn’t here for the BFA launch event, that I just can’t complete the quest that puts the vendor there. But that went away after the launch event ended, and I’ve talked to people that joined after that and also didn’t do that quest (battle for lordaeron), but they have the vendor. I 'm stumped.

All the quests I have in my log right now are in BFA zones, nothing in Orgrimmar. I’m certainly up for looking for any quests I might’ve missed but I’m at a loss.

Have you tried turning Lordaeron back in time using Zidormi and using the vendor in Undercity?

He said so in his OP.
He’s trying to narrow down why they aren’t showing in Org.

I talked to Archivist Sylvia and did the Battle for Lordaeron scenario (I didn’t know there was still a way to do it)…no change. Still no NPC’s on the Orgrimmar gate.

1 Like

Have u done any of the BFA warcampaign.

Hmm well it sounds like a phasing issue id have assumed u havent done the last part of the campaign which mite affect where the vendors arent ontop of the wall.

Yeah it’s definitely some sort of phasing issue, but they are supposed to move at the very beginning of BFA questing right after Battle for Lordaeron. And they haven’t.

It’s also my entire account. None of my characters can see the vendors there. Although I can see other people interacting with the vendors. I’ve done some searching, found a few other people with the same issue, and it doesn’t appear there’s any solution.

The only response I’ve seen is “have you tried using Ziradormi and going to the vendor in Undercity”? That’s not a solution, that’s a temporary at best workaround.

EDIT: I finally found a couple threads in bug reports about it, for anyone affected it doesn’t appear there is a solution. Oh well, I’ll add this to the list of bugs that need to be fixed before I’ll pick up Shadowlands. I guess for now I’ll keep searching and see if anyone has found any workarounds.

The starting quests for Cata, Pandaria, WoD, Legion, and BfA can all phase Orgrimmar. If you picked up any of the quests and just deleted them to try and fix it you need to pick them up again and complete them to unphase Orgrimmar.

Right, but this character doesn’t have any of those. They were all completed long ago (this was the character I earned all my loremaster achievements on). The only difference is, I took a break at the end of Legion, and just picked it back up again 2 days ago. So I missed the BFA launch event and all of BFA. I have since completed all of the BFA starting quests, nothing has been dropped.

Welcome back Vralok.

1 Like

Thanks…I’m not sure how long I’m going to be back or if I really want to jump back in to this game. I originally quit because I was just burned out on MMO’s and the amount of time they take, and I really don’t know if I want to do that again, but we’ll see. I at least want to see the BFA story.

For now I’m determined to find a solution to this phasing issue, or at least make sure they’re aware it’s a bug if there isn’t something I can do to fix it.

1 Like

Weird question - have you progressed in the BFA story enough to have completed the scenario quest where you go into Stormwind? I think it has you start the quest in Orgrimmar with Nathanos.

Yep, done that. That’s part of “welcome to Zandalar”. I’m actually about 2/3 of the way through the first Zandalar zone. Hit 50 super fast, and then got my Heart of Azeroth. Also unlocked Nazjatar. I’ve even done one vision and one horrific vision, and I have my cloak.

I know they moved the HOA from 10 to 50 because people were exploiting it to power through non-BFA lower level content much faster than expected. I guess they wanted the HOA to be for BFA-endgame ONLY.

I have also since bug reported this…since it seems to be affecting everyone that wasn’t here for BFA.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same problem with my partner’s account. She recently started playing and at this point nearly done with the BFA stuff and we still have to go to Undercity for the vendor. Ugh.

Is zidormi not outside UC and you can switch to new lorderan that should theroticaly move the vendor.

Just to note, you should not be on your partners account ever as account sharing is strictly prohibited and can result in account closure. Your partner should not be on your account either…even for heirlooms.

Nobody said they were sharing accounts, I believe it was just poor wording. I think they were just saying their partner has the same issue.

It’s also not an account thing - it’s a character thing. Even if you played during BFA, if you create a new character post-9.0, that new character will have the same problem.

And OH BOY is it inconvenient to take the portal to UC (where the zeppelin used to be)…talk to Zidormi, fly all the way down into UC to get to the heirloom vendor, fly out, talk to Zidormi again, then hearth back to Org because there is no other way back.

Not to mention the inability to turn in quests like the lord admiral’s lament. This needs to be on the radar as an urgent issue. I’m HOPING that this is something that can’t just be fixed with a hotfix, and it’ll be fixed in 9.0.5 or 9.1.

I don’t think you need to do this. The only thing the “new” version of Tirisfall Glade is for is the intro to BfA. There are no dailies or other events there that require it. I don’t believe it changes any other zone, like the one for Darnassas/Darkshore does.