Horde Guild, Alliance GM?

If you are a GM of a Horde guild, and when 10.1 drops you want to race change to Alliance because of Cross Faction Guilds, does anything change? Does your guild turn Alliance, or are you still allowed to be GM of the guild if you are now of the Alliance? Or are you now just a Worgen, for example , of a Horde guild?

That’s a great question. I would be interested in finding out answers to this as well.

I would think that the guild itself would change factions, but that’s a lot of achievement changing in the process.

:woman_shrugging:

i am thinking nothing change
it might just be adding toons to the guild

It shouldn’t change anything.

1 Like

Odds are, it changes with the allegiance of the leader.

I guess no one tested it on PTR so far. May you test it and let us know?

Are they even considered “Alliance Guild” or “Horde Guild” in 10.1 at all? I would imagine that they’re just “Guild” with no faction affiliation anymore, and when you go to the Guild vendors, it just shows you what your character can buy, not based on your Guild affiliation at all. But that’s just an assumption, so I’m curious how it actually is set up.

The guild is going to be what the GM is. They already stated this in the last interview so it will be up to you. This is for things like Horde Slayer or faction specific content. Otherwise there is no real change except both factions can now be in the same guild which is awesome.

From what I understand, the guild remains the faction of the GM.

Good point