Horde cheating in pvp

Maybe that’s a personal distinction. I certainly see where you’re coming from though. For me, intentionally doing anything that causes your team to perform more poorly than it otherwise could if you put forth your reasonably best efforts I’d call throwing.

Note that I hold nothing against people who are trying but are just not as good at the game. I’d honestly rather have them on my team than a skilled player who is likely to rage quit because something didn’t go their way :wink:

What!? Oh man, this is why life is so difficult! :stuck_out_tongue:

For real though, I understand that emotion is at play, but that doesn’t make these behaviours right. It’s one thing to understand them, it’s another entirely to try to justify it. So if folks wanna pout, power to ‘em, but it sounds like they need a break and a temp bancation sounds like it might just be the appropriate response to encourage people to consider the impact their behaviour has on others. Maybe a warning is in order, but I’ve seen enough folks chillin’ AFK in BGs to have a pretty low tolerance for this kinda thing.

emotion just is, it doesn’t need justification. otherwise the implication is that someone is wrong for feeling a certain way, this is a direct disregard of their emotions and feelings, its not beneficial to anyone and psychologically damaging in the long run if people internalize it.

fitting that we are getting a new dune movie, but the phrase is “i will face my fear and let it pass through me, when it is gone, only i will remain” not “i should not feel fear, bad me, bad

It helps Ally by inflating their win rate .

Give bonus honor back to mercs and encourage more horde to merc .

2 Likes

Eh, I’ve done this before but only when it’s a sure loss. As in like last 5 minutes and you need a 5 cap to win, or 2 minutes to go and down 2 caps but your team has maybe 5 kills to the opposing side with 50 kills. It beats deserting and having someone take your place.

if that really happened :rofl: :rofl: :joy: thats too good. I mean if they can do it… Too good. Again, proof that Horde are aimed to win more so than the Alliance. :rofl:

Merc’ing Horde wins count for the Horde. Then it counts as a win for their Alliance teammates and a loss for the Horde on the other team.

Confused yet?

1 Like

The feelings aren’t wrong, the actions are. Regardless of the cause, we are all responsible for our actions, something too many people either forget, or choose to ignore.

It’s important to recognize and process our feelings, but to then act in an appropriate and productive way.

I’ve won those games. It’s exceptionally rare, but it feels damn good when you do. To me, it always feels like it’s worth the effort… I mean, as you said, it’s only two more minutes, why not play it out? If nothing else, grab a few folks and go have some fun somewhere.

Obviously there are different levels of non-participation though, ranging from giving up in the last couple minutes to those who go AFK after a failed play in the first minute of the game.

1 Like

Then you don’t get the games I’m talking about. The ones mathematically not able to win.

You suggested two scenarios, one was a game with 5 minutes left requiring a 5-cap to win. Not sure what BG you were referring to in the second one, but 2 minutes left and down 2 caps is also something that I’ve personally done, as a PuG, in a Druid. Sometimes, in those games where your team is getting stomped, the team doing the stomping can tunnel pretty hard in mid-field and in those, sooooometimes you can sneak in a quick double cap as a fast movement class :wink:

Unlikely, but not mathematically impossible.

There are games that are mathematically impossible though, this is a thing that can occur; however, I still like to play them out and do something over stand around. Either way, you’re perhaps describing a different situation than Inemia was.

3 Likes

If you look at kills/deaths, yea you’d get it. I’ve done Bgs long enough to know when my team is not capable but again, it’s the last 5 minutes or less. Pretty rare when this happens though.

I think maybe I do, Juga, because we’re both using the same words to describe the situations. I just have a different outlook on them than you do. Either way, we both agree that they’re rare.

So I guess, what’s your intent here?

Are you just looking for me to acknowledge that you choose to sit idle in the last few minutes of a game that you’ve deemed unwinnable, or do you intend to suggest that because you think it’s ok to do in some cases, it’s ok to do in more general cases?

If the former, I acknowledge your point of view even if I don’t agree with it. If the latter, I still think general non-participation should be a warnable, and then ultimately banable, offense. If you don’t intend to play the game, don’t queue.

Was just saying sitting off to the side isn’t always throwing.

Yep, gets to a point where you are feeding them kills sometimes.

I see. So it’s rarely not throwing, just usually :stuck_out_tongue:

Not in the scenarios I pointed out. Sometimes it’s best to just sit on the side and wait for the end. To each their own.

basically everyone with ADHD can’t do this, and giving them this advice is damaging.

Are you implying that people are not responsible for their actions?

that is a very deep philosophical question that doesn’t have an answer people like.

We aren’t required to like it.

I mean, if you are implying that people aren’t responsible for their actions, not only are you going contrary to society, you also undermine it. In being able to avoid consequences of our decisions, we open up the possibility to do anything, to anyone. This is not the society we live in, nor is it one most of us probably want.

I understand the point you are trying to make regarding people with ADHD or things we might classify under mental illness, but these in no way excuse the behaviour, only explain it.

Most people would agree with this philosophy. Perhaps you ran a little far afield with your argument?

why do you think people dont like it? but as best as we can tell, no, you are not responsible for your actions because you never made the choice to commit them with free will.

good luck proving otherwise.

most people are wrong. and yes, i get to actually say that with factual certainty here. most people want to be justified in punishing someone, so they will refuse to accept the idea that free will and responsibility aren’t real.

actions have consequences sure, if i fly a kite on a windy day, i might lose it, if i walk on ice, i may slip and fall. but people act like personal interactions and how they choose to react are the consequences. ie, punishment from parents/society is not consequences. we call it that so society doesn’t feel bad about locking and individual up or executing them.

to expand on this: a brain tumor can take a perfectly nice person who has never hurt anyone at all and turn them into a violent killer.

who really is the bad guy, the nice person turned killer? or the society that judges them for actions they themselves can’t control?