Hope they don't do something this annoying and stupid in TWW

It’s only really happened to me handful of times on various alts in various zones, but it’s always annoying to be in town, clearing bags, talking to NPCs, maybe AFK and then Fyrakk flies by and kills you.

It’s so annoying. It’s so stupid. Like, even the Fel Reaver didn’t come into towns. I like the idea of WoW being dangerous. I kinda miss how dangerous it could be back in the early days, but even then you were safe in town.

You know the only things this Fyrakk business has done? It’s made me habitually log out whenever I’m gonna be AFK a few minutes. Used to be, you could just park yourself somewhere safe or go to a town and then you could go take care of real life stuff for a few minutes without much worry of coming back to a corpse run (or fly now). It’s also just made me log out and do other things a few times. Like, ook this. I got other things to do.

What it has never done is make the game any more fun. Oh, I guess Fyrakk’s coming. Guess I need to stop playing for a few minutes and get out of the way. oOOo, so immersive! At least the Fel Reaver was kinda fun because it could kinda sneak up on you. Fyrakk’s like ‘Hey zone, I’m coming through! So, stop what you’re doing for a few minutes!’ Which wouldn’t be, you know, so bad if he wasn’t coming though like every five minutes.

In TWW could you just, I dunno, not?

1 Like

They did something like this in Cata… but in cata I believe it affected EVERYwhere in the game, where deathwing was flying. I wasn’t there for that but I personally like the idea of having a threat like this. make the game more immersive and how it was before. BUT. I think unlike death wing where you probably couldn’t figure out where he was going to strike next… you KNOW where Fyrakk is going to fly… and there is a very distinctive SHADOWFLAME dragon icon on the map that actually moves so you know where he is. He is easily avoidable when he’s flying, so easy solution would be to just move to a different area of the zone for two minutes while he flies past it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can he kill you while you’re inside buildings?

Does he kill you? I was doing a world quest and I heard and saw him fly over, and there was purple fire everywhere but it didn’t do anything to me. Maybe I wasn’t close enough?

I have been killed by him - I landed at a flight path and was afk and came back dead. You get an ‘achievement’ for it

I think it’s more dangerous to lower level alts, which is also dumb.

Ah, fond memories! I started playing in Cata and made it to max level without dying… doing some outdoor WQ, then phone rang, when I got back to my screen I was just in time to see my toon expire in flames… it was pretty funny (and memorable)! :smiley:

1 Like

Lol seemed like every time I stopped in town the last day or two on my monk, i’d alt tab or go to the can or something and come back dead. Every time. Definitely mildly annoying. Didn’t even know what was happening till I actually saw the place burn down and something yelling like a lunatic.

While not a full solution you can see if he is soon to arrive and he always takes the same path making it something you can prepare for.

Deathwing killed me in the open world. Twice.