Hope Remains

And other Night Elves are just tired:

Night Elf Sentinel says: My brothers and sisters still seek vengeance for Teldrassil. But I… I am so tired of war.

Night Elf Sentinel says: To be honest, so am I. Rage still burns within my heart, but I long to live my life without it.
    Night Elf Sentinel says: I hope that one day, we can.

As an interesting note … watching Shandris (as small as her role was) functioning within 8.2.5 just really makes me appreciate her character that much more. God, with Valeera getting a custom rig for apparently no good reason (other than being fan service in a single cinematic, just like Rexxar) … if Shandris and Rokhan don’t get custom rigs by the end of BfA … I will be disappointed.

I would also like Gazlowe to get one (because I TRULY hope they are building him up to be our next Trade Prince) … but that is a personal thing. :smiley:

1 Like

Blizzard enjoys Gallywix as a character. Gazlowe is more than likely a foil.

1 Like

Blizzard may like him, but nothing they like him for requires him to remain the rep for an entire PC race. Especially not after 8.2.5 where we have GAZLOWE moving around Orgrimmar keeping the peace (while Gallywix is no-where to be seen after his small part to play on the Loyalist side of the quests). Him remaining leader of the Cartel now would feel more arbitrary than it did when Thrall arbitrarily made him leader in Cata. On top of this, Wix is shown burning papers certainly, but I also find it curious how he puts so much emphasis on the costs (out of his OWN pocket) that this war have accrued (it seems Sylvie owed him quite a debt).

It may be nothing … but it is possible that Gallywix (due to his ever increasing blind and short-term focused greed) made some VERY poor investments. He is a war profiteer who just picked the wrong side in a civil war; resulting in him ostracizing the consumer bases of BOTH major superpowers. That may not end very well for him.

1 Like

To be fair to Gally, he’s like playing for an economic victory in a Civ game. A corpulent idiot who is SO greedy, that things which should end in disaster or even death for anyone else somehow work out for him.

He has that particular plot armor reserved for comic relief, while still doing bizarrely relevant things. And as much as a self serving pig as he is, he manages to come through with the goods for the Horde, and the Horde frequently finds itself in need of such.

Gazlowe is a much better character as part of a heroic faction, however, and equally as effective at getting specific things done. If goblins were in at the start of WoW, he’d almost certainly have been the faction leader, and they’d have worked the neutral settlement angle by some other means.

I want to see more of Gally, but… I have mixed feeling as a Horde character. He can be very entertaining, but he can easily be a burden on the Horde narrative, particularly as they return to more heroic themes- the question could quickly be asked why they tolerate him when Gazlowe is right there, Cartel alignment or no.

Well, especially if his “poor investments” in Sylvie (and his absurd toys) … really hit the Cartel hard in terms of profit. How fast do you think the Cartel would turn on him if he was BOTH incompetent AND unprofitable? Or … hell … maybe his absence right now is him stealing from the Cartel’s coffers to recupe the losses he suffered from Sylvie team rocketing away (and the change in leadership)?

There are a number of ways of dethroning him without killing him.

I think Sylvanas it’s really lucky. Illidan it’s far away .

Plus I think that 8.2 pretty firmly fixes Gazlowe in the Horde camp. He was already basically there anyway.

2 Likes

and Gallywix is always on team Gallywix. You can’t trust him any more than you could trust Sylvanas.

1 Like