"Hooking Over" bugged

Bugged for me too

War mode works.

1 Like

Can confirm its bugged. Blizz should have just waited until the patch was done to release it. What poor form…blizz, come on…

Someone kills the wrong mob early and it glitches the whole thing for everyone.

Since the mob is on the way and easy to aggro it is a mess.

Darn.

Warmode on works

1 Like

turn off warmode

Log out and back in worked, also make sure you’ve done all the quests leading up to that. I think you have three quests and one gets to the bonesmith but there are a couple more that may or may not need to be completed also. Sloppy, poor design but you may need those quests done before you can complete the Bonesmith quest.

Yeah I am stuck at that part as well. :rage:

Still bugged. Phasing DOES NOT work. Apparently some people can get lucky with it, but I have been hopping around all over the place and nada. Just want my gd flying. c.c

Also tried dropping and regrabbing quest.

And exiting the game.

Lotta nopes and rage to be had.

1 Like

Can confirm that contrary to what the in-game support web page says, this is NOT fixed. I’ve abandoned and restarted the quest multiple times, completely exited the game, etc.

wowhead for the win - looking at the comments there gave me the workaround - joining a raid group for the world boss phased me and somehow knocked it loose and the quest worked. Others turned on WM and that did it.

Tried doing all the above, turning on warmode, trying to find a group that is phased, dropping quest and picking up quest, doesn’t work…

1 Like

WM ON worked for me

WM just worked for me. There was a bad guy standing there that I had to kill

Everyone has WM on and no one is attacking each other at the quest location

Ok Just got it done! He was still bugged but standing there long enough SOMEONE actually interacted with him and got the quest mob to spawn, easy kill…

I got it to phase properly a bit different way, no warmode. When you go to the hook anchor on the last island, turn around and look down/right. There’s a lower island with an anchor that’s a halfway point to the gorgers at the bottom of Windswept Aerie. Went down there and back, and it phased in properly on the return.

Okay, I can confirm that the quest works in War Mode.

A much safer option then warmode is as another mentioned, using the group finder and searching for hooking over, there are a lot of groups being made with people in working phases for the quest in the custom section of the group finder

It has nothing to do with Warmode on or off, you just have to get a non-bugged phase if people are already there. Once you have that don’t kill the mob too quickly or it bugs and you have to log out for a little then log back in (aka: a soft reset) to get another new phase.

I can’t even use the hook to get over to where ya’ll are having this bug. The hook just says “target too close.”

Edit: I can’t believe I just spent an hour trying to figure out what was wrong and it was because I wasn’t close enough to targeting the hook ACROSS the gap on the other island. If you’re not close enough to the ledge, the grapple on the other island isn’t clickable, making to assuming the hook that’s near the quest giver is the one you’re supposed to click on. It’s not–click on the hook on the other island. But on topic, I got lucky and didn’t have issues with the quest giver that everyone else is having.

9 Likes