Honor system isn't defensible

I dont even know what to say to this. Firstly no not everyone NEEDS to reach rank 14. Secondly even in retail not everyone NEEDS to be able to get arena master or even above 2k rating. I cant even say go play retail because what you are asking for is a hand out and not even retail gives you a guaranteed pvp title.

2 Likes

PvP ranks are earned. And if you dont maintain your status, then someone lower ranked will take it from you. And vice versa, you want a higher rank, take it from the guy above you.
No Handouts.
No Welfare.
Earn it.

1 Like

Guys, Classic Beta entry on CDN. Quit being bored feeding the troll.

1 Like

what is cdn and where can i find it?

No need.

The PVP system was ALREADY fixed … in Retail.

Classic isn’t about trying a second shot at fixing problems that were already addressed over the last 14 years in expansions.

Rather, the goal of Classic is to as authentically as possible recreate the experience of what it was like to play Vanilla WoW before any expansions.

The core of Vanilla PVP was the honor system. Changing that mechanic to allow everyone to get to Rank 14 would gut the system and mean the game fails to recreate “the Vanilla Experience”.

It also doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Allowing everyone to get to Rank 14, would be like allowing everyone to down every raid boss, by having the boss automatically die once the party hit a critical number of wipes on it.

That wasn’t how Vanilla worked. Not many Vanilla raid players downed bosses in Naxx during Vanilla.

Does this mean that you will probably never have a chance at Rank 14? … Yes! But that’s “the Vanilla Experience”.

2 Likes

Content Delivery Network - Its an entry in the option list for the Blizzard Download Agent, internally. (Doesn’t show on the client yet because no patch data).

1 Like

let me put pve raiding into perspective for you.

3 hrs x 3 days = 9 hrs. thats being soft on the amount of hrs alot of guilds will be doing.

at least 4 hours per week for farming mats alone.

at least 5 hrs a week farming gold.

1 hour a week looking at strats .

so thats 9+4+5+1 =19 hrs a week. thats all without farming gear outside of raids.

lets look at raids and raid drops.

mc has 9 bosses (off the top of my head i dont remember exactly).

each boss drops 3 items.

you have 40 people that can get loot and the loot is split into something that all the classes individually want.

so whats the math on that.

9x3 = 27

40/27= 1.481 (repeating of course)

1.481 / 9 (classes) = .1645 chance to get loot.

i know the math is fuzzy so let me just say …

it takes a good good long while to get gear from raids even if you are clearing all the bosses within 9 hrs of raiding.

the only thing is it is split into chunks of playtime (which is signifigant playtime even at that) instead of weeks of playing 10 or so hrs a day.

you will spend more time though raiding and waiting on drops than you will doing the full grind of hwl/gm gear.

I don’t think you understand just how hard PvP weapons are to get. It’s very easy to get comparable PvE epics from PvE, for just a faction of the time commitment.

Well, I disagree completely. There’s no way I will agree to a system where hard working men are prevented from reaching R14 simply because they a.) have a job and social commitments b.) PvP is their chosen gameplay style to enjoy.

That sort of system isn’t justifiable or defensible in anyway and changing it isn’t ruining Vanilla. It’s just making PvP for what it’s intended to be, an alternative way of gearing for people who enjoy PvP.

I hope you will be able to get this through your head one day, but… improving the game isn’t bad.

1 Like

Time is money, friend.

1 Like

Guess what. In Vanilla not everyone gets to do everything and that’s the way we want it.

I suppose you also think people should have the ability to ring the AQ gong and get the mount/title whenever they get around to completing the quests right? I mean there’s no way you could agree to a systme where hard working men are prevented form reaching Scarab Lord because they a) have a job and b) their chosen gameplay style is PVE

That sort of system isn’t justifiable or defensible in anyway and changing it isn’t ruining Vanilla

It’s not justifiable or defensible to you. People who are capable of understanding that not everyone gets what they want are perfectly okay with these systems. Believe it or not, most players understand the concept of “more time = more reward”.

I hope you will be able to get this through your head one day, but… improving the game isn’t bad.

You’re absolutely correct, improving the game isn’t bad. The thing you can’t get through your head is that Vanilla was already improved. It was improved for a decade and we hate it. So for you to make suggestions that “improve” the game, well you come across as a bit retarded. You act like your moronic suggestions weren’t made a thousand times and rejected.

Oh my god, it didn’t even start yet and you’re whinning about CHANGING classic? The point is to CHANGE NOTHING. If you don’t like how it was, don’t play it. Go play retail. We want it to be like it used to be, thats it. It’s easy to understand.

Dude, then just play PvP and be happy with whatever rank you can feasibly achieve? If you want to make your WoW PvP rank your top priority in life, then quit your job and do that. But I don’t think that’s what you want to do - so just play the game when you can and be happy with what you can achieve in that time. This game doesn’t exist to tailor to you, ffs.

2 Likes

I said “sounds like” You want to make it easier, I say put in the time and effort with your chosen group.

i dont think you understand the pve gear from raiding is more of a time investment than pvp rank gear ever was just pulled out over time.

you are the one that is wrong in this instance.

Not touch it at all because Blizzard will invent a new way to screw it up.

1 Like

For the solo player the answer is Next to impossible and that’s as it should be.

Then why don’t you join a guild and raid for your weapons because it’s so easy to get raid weapons.

Again this comes down to RAID for your gear if you don’t want to put in the time for PVP rewards.

It’s seriously a non-issue, because you will eventually get all the stuff you need from PVE.

The Vanilla GAME has options for every kind of player, the PVP system is there for the people that are suited to that…

Does this exclude us PVE geared players from participation in the BG’s? No it does not, and we can still go have fun.

Tell me, how “improving the game” go for Blizzard? I see the game state today and the kind of minds that are building that game…

That’s a big NO WAY from me man.

2 Likes

If by “everyone” you meant to single out “PvP’rs” and say that PvP’rs shouldn’t be able to gear, then I obviously disagree. PvE has no time gates or grind requirements, so there’s no reason why PvP should have those either. PvP and PvE gearing should be more or less equal in terms of gearing, since both are just different parts of the same game.

I also don’t think that most PvP’rs enjoy the current system.

1. Nah, I mean that it objectively and logically isn’t defensible. There’s no reason for PvP to have a timegate since PvE doesn’t have either, as PvP and PvE should be more or less equal.
  2. You don’t understand the concept of my suggestion. I am not suggesting to make Rank 14 easier, im suggesting to make it accomplishable for people with a family and a job who work hard for it.

Do you think people should file for a divorce or quit their job just to reach R14? All that for a game?? Because I don’t think so. The mere fact that you are even suggesting something like this is absolutely insane and shows that you unable to put yourself into other people’s position.

If Vanilla was a game of only flaws, nobody would play it. We play Vanilla because of it’s good game, despite it’s flaws. That doesn’t mean that flaws itself are good, or that the game wouldn’t be better off without said flaws.

PvP gearing in particular is one such flaw. 99% of people are unable to reach R14 because R14 is arbitrarily being restricted to just 52 people a week. That isn’t justifiable or defensible game design in any form.

1 Like

Please stop posting you have no idea

5 Likes

Image result for patrick drool meme

5 Likes

warts and all