Honor Reset?

There has been no mention in the patch notes of an honor reset. Given the inconsistent actions related to honor and the previous seasons/expansions, there seems to be “expert” advice for both answers on the forums.

What is the official Blizzard stance on this?

If it does reset, does it reset on May 2 or May 9 (season start)?

Pretty please do not respond if you are not a Blizzard representative.

Thank you!

This is a peer to peer help desk with assistance from SFAs who aren’t GMs or Devs. We don’t have a Blizzard representative to give that info here.

Also, this is what the official patch notes say:

6 Likes

A blue MIGHT chime in with a response, but it’s doubtful if they’ll give something official.

1 Like

It’d most likely be posted in either the general or PVP forums; the CS forum isn’t the place that post that kind of info.

2 Likes

You may want to read the introduction sticky, but for understanding, this is a player to player discussion (myself being a fellow player if it is unknown). Your best bet is to ask in one of the PVP forums, hopefully a developer will clarify. Developers do not post here, it may be possible a moderator may not know either.

6 Likes

Good luck with a Blue post in the PVP forums. If you look at the Blue Tracker you will see what I mean. It’s honestly terrible.

1 Like

Just to set expectations, there is no honor reset. Honor is account-wide and essentially a lifetime count. (By “lifetime”, I mean since the introduction of the new system. Which I believe was with the launch of Legion.)

There is always a conquest/valor reset:

“Valor and Conquest points are seasonal currencies and at the start of each new season are automatically converted into silver and added to your total gold. There is no mail.”

The official stance is in the Support article.

Always the start of the season. There is always at least a week to finalize the previous season’s rewards and allow players to spend their points.

As others have stated, this forum is not a one-on-one conversation with Blizzard. That is done through Support tickets, but since this is considered a “game hint”, they will simply refer you to the Support and third-party sites.

You can try @WarcraftDevs on Twitter, but there’s no guarantee there. The only guarantee is through tickets.

6 Likes

The PvP forums are for community discussion and feedback. Blues may post there if they need more info, but as you can imagine, responses with a Blue responses draw unnecessary and in many cases unwanted attention.

6 Likes

They need to do better. It’s a black hole that goes nowhere with not even a response to feedback. I get blue responses get attention. That is up to Blizzard to work out if they want a healthy forum or let it fall into the state it is in.

1 Like

Then tell them about it in the correct place. This forum is not for feedback. You would want the General Discussion Forum or the in-game suggestion tool so that the people who can do something about your suggestion can see it. They do not come here, nor are the blue posters here liaison to them.

4 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. I will take that suggestion on board. See what I did there…

How so?

No, it’s monitored very closely for feedback. Not only do they not need to respond to feedback, but they do not want to alter the conversation. Just as important as the initial suggestion is the conversation surrounding the feedback, and they are not going to disrupt that conversation.

What response do you need? A pat on the head? A swift rebuke? That’s not what they are here for. The feedback is taken to the devs for consideration. There is no reason to respond, other than to make the player feel warm and fuzzy.

If you honestly believe that feedback is a “black hole”, then I don’t know what to tell you. 90% of this game is based on player feedback.

6 Likes

Once again thanks for your feedback I will take it on board. I believe things can change, however, and not playing this game of the forums has always been like this so it must be so.

Businesses don’t improve by staying stagnant and not changing their approach to the customer. It’s the nature of MMO forums I get it, but Blizzard could be the catalyst for change somehow and better interact with the player base. I’m out, once again I appreciate your viewpoint.

The Honor currency he is talking about is located in the Currency tab in Character Info under Player vs. Player. It is earned in random/epic bgs, and maybe elsewhere, but that is where I earn it. It caps at 15K and can be used to buy gear and Mark of Honor, etc.

This is different than Honor Level which is viewable in Group Finder, bottom tab Player vs. Player, lower right corner. That number is, as noted, a cummulative rank system based on total honor earned.

I use this currency the most. My guess is the currency will get reset as I don’t remember it carrying over. But I could be wrong about that.

His question is a valid one.

Cheers

3 Likes

And the way to give that feedback on what you want changed is to post it in the appropriate place so that you are heard. We do want you to be heard— which is why we keep telling you: post it on the PvP forum or use the in game suggestion tool.

For the second time now in this thread… this is a peer to peer help desk. No one here can get anything to a dev.

1 Like

Okay, so this thread went sideways too fast. His question re: Honor reset and no info re: that is a valid one. Also, him coming here is a solid choice. Does Honor Currency reset tomorrow or the 9th or at all? I’d like to know as well. If it resets tomorrow, that could affect choices today. So even the timing is good.

But, Ozzyiceburn, maybe no one here knows, which is probably the case. Maybe someone in the PvP subsection does know. Their points re: where to post for change suggestions are good, even if they did not touch your real question.

I’ll post back here if it resets tomorrow. If it does not I will check again on the 9th and post that if needed.

But that does not actually answer your question today. Personally, I’d spend the Honor…get enough (2k) for boxes of Marks of Honor. Time to Q up and pew pew for d’ Honor.

I think we have dealt with this and I thanked for the feedback. I see no reason to carry it on.

One quick note here. I did see one post in the Arenas section saying that honor does not reset… Not official, but something.

Someone in that post also noted that the first few weeks are full of premades chewing up us randoms. All I gotta say is bring it!

Anyway, not official, but now that I think about it, that is probably the way it has happened previously and I just don’t pay attention to it. We will see tomorrow or at season reset.

Have fun!

Your sarcasm was noted, yes. I was explaining, because you seem to feel that we are trying to dismiss this thread, which was not the case.

1 Like

Not sarcasm. I was being genuine, I can’t help how you read it.