Honor Gear in 9.2

Very promising. Were the upgrades expensive?

There will also be a period before arena starts, I think 2 weeks?

Enough time for everybody to get on even footing.

There’s a table showing the honor cost to buy and upgrade a piece to rank 7 in the original post. The total was 66k. You would subtract 1 and eventually 2 slots from the total for leggos

Yeah hopefully there’s enough time to get geared up before the season.

But keep in mind that even the lower ranks will let you be competitive since everyone will be a max of 259 for the first few weeks of the season. The conquest cap is returning which will slow down gear progression.

shambles

Yes, that is true.

Thanks for putting the effort into looking into this.

So in a nutshell unless something changes PVP will be semi balanced for a bit and then once the rated ranks kick in, will continue the current side show progressively for anyone who is lazy, doesn’t like, or “can’t” rank up via arenas. (The can’t one is cute, included for dem git gud fellers that want the strugglers, to struggle, for that specific reason, even if it’ s not the reason.

Not all that surprising though since boosts are profit lol…

3 Likes

Yeah, clean slate. No excuses this time, as there aren’t renown barriers.

Blizz did say this in December.

If they actually follow through the honor prices might change between now and patch day. I really hope they do.

I doubt that renown was ever really an actual “excuse” for the context of the gearing problems. Different issue.

For the longevity and overall PVP participation nothing changes, in fact there might be even less motivation since for those that "don’t want, enjoy" (need to highlight this, as it seems to be purposely ignored, avoided in these types of discussions for some reason.) will see the writing on the wall and things will revert back to nonsense relatively quickly.

So unless something changes you might even have less fodder in the BGS and outside of Korthia, umm err, Zereth Mortis safezones :slight_smile:

1 Like

My random battleground queues are always super short now, so I imagine they’ll only get quicker as the patch draws nearer and its release date actually announced.

Curious to see if they go ahead and make honor upgrades even cheaper so everybody gets full 259.

Well that would be great, at least in the short term for pretty much everyone.

There was no “massive renown requirement” if you actually played the game.

People do play it, and at the start the requirement was massive and is still large.

2 Likes

How do you figure? There’s no timegating behind it anymore.

You can switch covenants NOW or get a fresh 60 and your renown is instantly 40 on every single covenant at level 50. (If you have already done them up.)

Then every single thing you do going forward can reward renown, and that includes random points for simply completing bonus objectives, unlocking your soulbinds, doing dungeons, torghast, battlegrounds, world bosses, etc.

There’s zero reason to include renown in this thread as it’s not only not relevant to the gear gap /ilevel variance that is currently going on and will apparently continue in 9.2; as stated, unless you don’t really play the game, it’s a non-factor period.

2 Likes

After your main is 80 renown. New players it sucks for.

4 Likes

You still gain renown for playing the game relatively fast.

And unless you intend to “engineer” this narrative to suit your own agenda/conclusion here, the context of my posts would generally be for active players or those who would end up progressing into 9.2 versus “brand new never played SL players”.

Renown still wouldn’t even be the biggest issue for those folks and not going to argue that WOW is horrible for anyone starting fresh currently, but that’s probably better in another different context thread.

You’re still gated getting an extra 17 renown (after the 40 renown boost for alts) just to max your honor gear that barely helps you in the game at max update. Major deterrent and shouldnt have been in the game in the first place. Not to mention to get the last 2 renown 78-80, you need to do those quests which isnt obvious in any way to new players. There’s basically zero guidance in-game that tells you that. Blizzard is too hellbent on getting those token sales and play-time metrics that they dont even update in-game help to tell you what to do after big changes. Even the co-president of blizzard boosts lol. If SL is annnyyyy insight to what the game direction has gone, i dont feel 10.0 is going to be any fun.

just wanted to pop in here to remind everyone there’s no gear gating while partysyncd into 51-59.

3 Likes

I am renown 71. You definitely do not earn renown fast playing BGs.

I want to try out Kyrian ele too, but can’t until I unlock renown 80.

My friend that plays WoW ? Yeah, not even going to bother with any renown and will be quitting WoW again because of how bad gearing is.

30-59’s is all that is left and renown is incredibly slow if you just do BGs

Epic BG wins have like a 80-100% drop rate until somewhere in the 70s

You also don’t need max renown, as you get most benefit by 55-58

If you win. Joining those long queues for a chance isnt fun.

You absolutely need near maxed renown. Stamina buff? Enhanced conduits? Unranked Honor pvp gear rank 7?

1 Like

Queues are short, though.

Last one is at 59

Relatively minor.