Honor calculations

Has to be something with calculating last weeks/other previous weeks honor for this week right?

That would be too easy

Is this something that has been done multiple times? I understand that the daily tab is going to get cleared but when I logged in at 5pm server, my daily tab was reset from all the kills I got that day and my weekly honor display added what I can assume is a large portion of what I was missing. But when I relogged 15 minutes later after getting a few more kills, my daily tally was wiped AGAIN and my weekly honor added more than what I had gotten in those 15 minutes.
If this is all just a display issue stemming from the attempted fixes to the large issue than I understand but is this something that is going to be fixed for Tuesday and following weeks? Once people start getting closer toward r13, these display issues will be very frustrating for people that are trying to finish their push.

The “This week” showed 0 Honor and 0 Kills
Then, after reset, it became 5800 Honor and 1900 Kills.

The server time was UTC +1, and I never played after 11 PM.

Please stop this. I just got ~100k honor since the fix.

There is no way I got 100,000 honor in the few broken hours of this honor week.

I’m sorry, but something is wrong.

Just want to keep you updated I am receiving way more Kills / Honor toward this week than i have actually farmed.

While I appreciate the reports, panic is unwarranted. The incorrect honor values in “this week” are another display bug.

The repair job runs one day at a time, and one realm at a time, so that’s why logging out and back in was displaying more honor. You caught it between days on the first login, and had additional days processed before the next login.

After this repair job completes the running weekly total displayed for “this week” will be a total of:

1. the incorrect honor you had before the repair
  2. the correct honor you have as a result of the repair

That will not be the value used for the weekly rank adjustments. The weekly rank adjustment will correctly use the results of the repair.

Tomorrow, after the weekly reset runs, you should see the correct value in the “Last Week” display, which was actually used to calculate your rank adjustment for the week.

We’re working as fast as we can to have this repaired before the weekly job runs, so our focus has been on the data that actually feeds into the weekly honor calculations, not on the display, which actually pulls the data from a different source, that’s optimized for in-game display, rather than for calculation by these jobs. I hope that explains what everybody is seeing, but if you see something inconsistent with what I just explained, please say so. After all, that’s how we found this issue in the first place! :slight_smile:

TLDR:

• This week” honor currently has a bugged display (shows too much honor).
  • Today kills” currently has a bugged display (DKs too, shows too few kills).
  • All the kills are still logged, none have been lost.
  • Everything for this week should be correct after weekly restarts
  • We’ll take a look at previous weeks as soon as this week’s issues are fully resolved.

I hope that gives everybody some peace of mind.

10 Likes

Separate Tl;dr : Bracket Stacking isn’t gonna work this week, it’s still a long grind and if you’re going for r14 seriously it shouldn’t matter to you

Bigbrain is at 380

I have such peace in mind now that I know blizzard messed up honor calculations for almost 3 weeks

4 Likes

So those who are getting way more honor for relogging right now than those who are not, lost that from the previous 2 weeks, and missed out on standing?

No. Do not worry about that.

My kill count did zero out, but I am still missing a couple thousand honor and ALOT of kills.

After reading some of these posts It sure sounds like other people are getting rewarded my honor instead of me LOL … wth…

There is still something amiss. I pvp’d right up until 30 minutes ago, logged out and back in, and all the honor I accumulated since the earlier reset/fix is now missing with zero honor showing in today’s total. The number of HK’s I earned since the reset is off also.

Edited to add: If this is part of the “display bug” then my apologies if that is indeed the case.

Wow not one but 3 blue posts in a row

That’s like more than we’ve gotten on any issue since launch

yes some people got a miss calc from previous weeks

weekly reset… and nothing reset… nothing earned.

it’s the best

1 Like

Looks like they extended the maintenance until 9am to fix it?

Nah that’s just login/auth server stuff.