Honest DPS reviews of a BM Hunter

Yes I do, however you have to factor in that players at that level of play arent going to be playing a less optimal spec

1 Like

So the 5500+ BM parses are all scrub players and if the MM/SV player bases switch to BM the numbers would get appreciably better? Good to know. Could you please post that everywhere. I am sure people would get a chuckle

You do realize that BM is one of the most popular specs right? On top of the fact that more people will play on the lower mythic bosses on top of runnign it for Skolex and Halondrus.

Theres a reason there arent any BM parses at Anduin or Above.

You are so out of your depth its sad.

2 Likes

It’s not just about the tier bonuses. Yes ofc, they are horrible and need to be iterated on further. The thing is, as several have pointed out, contrary to your opinion, BM needs changes to its baseline toolkit and talents as well. For one, we’re tired of always being reliant on strong versions of borrowed power, in order for us to have any form of remotely decent AoE. Again, not saying that it has to overtake MM as an example, but at least something like KC benefiting from BC, under the same conditions as the regular base attacks/abilities.

You continue to argue that BM has a damage profile that isn’t good for 9/11 bosses in the current tier, yet somehow you still think the spec doesn’t need changes. I hate to break it to you but most encounters in recent times heavily favor specs with strong priority burst + AoE/Cleave, and that’s unlikely to change anytime soon.

Yep, exactly.

Ofc it’s playable, every spec is. We only want it to not be so far behind because, as you pointed out, in most encounters, BMs supposed niche isn’t what’s desired. And again, it’s not likely thay they’re suddenly going to do a 180 in terms of how most encounters are designed.

Considering BM isn’t really all that superior at ST, this does fall short. Especially since pure ST encounters are pretty much never the rule, but rather the exception.

And again, it shouldn’t be as far behind in AoE as it is.

1 Like

It’s a combination of the tier bonuses the fight designs and the lack of burst. As BM is a single target spec it’s not going to have amazing aoe. I don’t understand why this is such a foreign concept to people.

The type of changes you want only comes with a new expansion. They aren’t going to do a class rework on a .5 patch.

And my argument has been with hunters saying the spec isn’t playable while saying BM needs some issues addressed.

That’s because currently due to tier.

Single target specs are supposed to be behind in aoe.

That’s not it at all.

There’s a difference between not having amazing AoE, and what we can see with BM currently. Especially since the only reason BM is where it is, and not even worse, is because of Wild Spirits. Again, reliance on borrowed powers for something that should already have a solid base, where borrowed powers should only slightly enhance what is already there.

Agreed, I never said that I expect them to make these changes for 9.2.5(as an example).

You can see as much here, in this topic: Beast Mastery - future improvements[Partial rework]

3 Likes

I mean the most I could see would be uncapping MS and beast cleave.

Then I apologize for the misunderstanding. Most of the people I have been talking too are demanding reworks now and I assumed you did too

Hahahhaa I have 3 grey parses on heroic rylegon…. ITS BECAUSE WE IMMUNE SOAK HOW DO U NOT KJOW THIS

Do you know what this translates too? Oh . Let me tell you. That means we are being forced specced into the CDR reduction from the posthaste talent tree for turtle . That means we are immune soaking which means we lose all of our stacks of frenzy which is detrimental in a boss encounter.

That’s what is required for us players to get the heroic rylegon kill. Let me know when you get there

@Legoless I guess all those BM hunters ahead of you on the parses figured out how to do more DPS than you then. Maybe those 5000+ people didn’t have to soak? You never know. Have a good day.

You parse GREY because you turtle twice in the fight?? Dude, dont embarass yourself. You can have a bad fight and its fine, noone cares. Your logs are mostly fine, you dont need to make yourself look bad with such weak excuses.

He hasn’t killed Anduin yet on heroic which is why.

I’m not trying to be a douche but at this point you need a little bit of a reality check.

You don’t raid at a level that you shouldn’t raid at as bm. You don’t understand logs and keep linking them pretending you do know what you’re talking about.

Trying to parse with a 246 weapon and doing mechanics is a joke.

Any hunter that parses well on that fight is in a group that’s probably overgeared it and not having to soak.

I think both Legoless and Snozzola are great guys. They have given me loads of entertainment in these dark days and honestly I appreciates them, not as much as Squirrely Dan appreciates Miss Katy but close. That being said, they are very good at trollin’ and riling people up. honestly they could teach a masters class. It starts off with making absurd statements that are contrary to the pervailing opinions. Of course, faced with such ridiculousness, people respond with empirical evidence to refute their claims only to be met with subtle changes to their initial statement. They even throw in a touch of skepticism on the data, as if numbers can somehow be faked like certain news stories. Of course, people respond again with more evidence but by that time they have shifted the narrative by making personal attacks forcing the discussion to reset. Then its just rinse and repeat. The funniest thing though is sometimes you can catch them trying to be troll like. Case in point, Snozzie was asked at what point he would consider BM to be unplayable in a different forum post. He responded in Mythic raids, if you played BM, you were a handicap and should be playing either MM or SV. Now that is the definition of unplayable right. Nope first he said he didn’t write it. Then he said it was out of contrext. Then he said that BM was still playable even though they were a handicap. And we are back at the beginning again. After a few minutes spent in quiet appreciation of his adept footwork, I realized of course he is right. Any spec is playable. A 100ilvl BM hunter can be carried to a 2k rating and kill Mythic bosses but that isn’t what we are talking about after all. I know it, he knows it, even Legoless knows it. But thats the genius of their trolling. They take unplayable in a very literal sense and then use it to have fun. They win the prize folks. Best BM trolls ever.

Imagine being so bad at the game that you link logs and don’t understand how the data is calculated or understand the factors.

Then once you are proven you don’t have a valid argument because all you do is dismiss better players opinions by linking logs that you also don’t understand. You then resort to calling then trolls.

Best laugh of the week. BM is definitely why you’re struggling in heroic.

You have already won your Best troll ever award Snozzie. The game is over. you can go back to doing whatever you were doing prior to trollin the forums. Eating your own buggers perhaps, or feces wall art. Something that you enjoyed. Just let everyone else focus on trying to make the spec viable for the future. Hey, i know something you guys could do if the feces wall art doesn’t pan out. Go over to the affliction forums and tell them they don’t need a buff. It will be hilarious.

There was never a game to begin with. You are just one of many bad BM hunters saying over and over again that BM isnt playable while linking logs you dont understand to try and validate your arguments when it doesnt.

BM being dead last when played by the top players in the world doesnt affect its playability the way you think it does. When playing at that level EVERYTHING comes into play.

Affliction has needed help since they gutted it in 9.1. I am a purple parsing lock as well.

@snozzie Lol. Why are you still here? You can’t fool us anymore. See, when you make comments like this “BM being dead last when played by the top players in the world doesnt affect its playability the way you think it does.” but then follow it up with “When playing at that level EVERYTHING comes into play.” you are working your way up to suggesting that soaking a mechanic makes up for horrid dps output. I get you dawg. But before you go any further, i really think the affliction forums need your insight. A purple parsing lock telling them they are viable even without “help” would be a valuable asset for them.

Because I can be.

You are the one without a clue.

Proven by the pure fact that you dont understand why BM is last in the 95th percentile.

Actually I stated that soaking in combination with a 246 weapon is why I had a low parse. The one week I had a good fun I died due to our main healer having to tank because our maintank wasnt available.

This is why I am glad Blizz doesnt listen to the forums filled with bad players like yourself.

@Snozzle from the Art of Trolling by Asmongold: “When all else fails, attack the poster.” You go dawg. It’s so refreshing to be able invalidate your very existence after realizzing your true nature. I no longer even feel the need to point out how stupid you sound here. Just want to give you a hug and tell you it will get better. Have a great night

It’s not an attack when it’s true. And the real irony is you attacked me first.

You’re not only bad but a hypocrite as well.

1 Like

@Snozzlecakes It’s okay dude. I understand you now. You live to push people’s buttons to try make yourself feel better. It’s not a healthy way to do it, but you dod you dawg. Btw those affliction locks really need you now. They have no trolls to make them laugh