HoN is officially shut down today

How much longer will hots limber on for?

1 Like

HotS is Weekend at Bernie’s my dood.

lmao.

HoN = Heroes of Newerth? Surprised it lasted that long. I did play it for a time though, it was fun.

Yeah, servers shut down today. I played it on and off till now.

or do you get the HotS thinking about the weekend at Bernie’s?

:eyes:

1 Like

Didn’t they already stop development on HotS a few years ago? They’ll keep the servers open for as long as there’s money in it. Simple as that.

Never heard of HoN til today. But yeah not sure anyone even plays HotS anymore lol.

there is still some updates here and there, its not completely forgotten

To be honest, HoTS is the biggest joke involving Blizzard. They somehow let an entire genre of game be developed on their IP and took them years to finally captilize on it. When they finally did, the hype was pretty much gone. Not even LoL is super huge anymore.

1 Like

…that’s a bit like saying Warhammer dropped the ball not capitalizing on the RTS/MMO genres that their ideas basically started. Oh…wait. Guess it’s harder to compete with the big names in their genres (like LoL or WoW) than it seems.

Hots could still be chugging along great. If only they didn’t force a competitive scene.

The only true commercial failures Blizzard have ever had were HOTS and WC3:R. Both had one thing in common - they were made to chase profit rather than created with a love of their developers.

Kotick says he wants to take the fun out of making games but fans can tell when a game is created by developers who love their work. It’s like when SpongeBob had a cook-off with a god - SpongeBob when because he likes making burgers.

I hope Microsoft understands that.

I don’t have high hopes for Microsoft turning this into anything but a cash cow. It’s typically never a good thing when a company gets bought by a bigger one. Especially when said company isn’t particularly known for the product produced by the company they bought. Look at SOE for an example. They’ve been bought out twice by venture capitalists, and haven’t produced a single new game in 4 years. At this point, exist solely to keep the old games running for as long as they can. I imagine that will be Blizzard in a few years.

For me, it will always be the best MOBA for its mechanics and its somewhat more professional aggressive gameplay, which it calls a lot with those E-sports professionals of LoL and DOTA 2.

But it is worrying that this closure will be a warning that the MOBAS are gradually losing the enthusiasm that they had before in the success of this type of game that the same thing may happen to those who are still standing like LoL and Dota 2 thing that for HotS he is leaving him in oblivion.

Nothing in gaming will ever capture the pure elation of a level 5 codex on Scout. Rip in peace, sweet prince.