Home latency fine but World Latency high

Hi there,

Past few days I’ve been playing WoW TBC classic, had a bit of lag (only noticed this issue last night and obviously tonight). regarding latency on Classic, so I decided to check Retail as it shows static numbers for home and world respectively.

The latency for my Home stays at around 59-62.

My world latency on the other hand has spiked, usually at 59-62 has progressed to 100, then up to 167, to 189, to 214, and is now slowly rotating between the 160-200 range.

For reference, I play on Wyrmrest Accord and Grobbulus respectively.

Any ideas on what it could be, or any steps I should follow to find a solution?

Home is the chat server and a few other minor things
World is the game server for players, enemies, etc

They split them up years back. That’s why sometimes when a server is lagging out and about to crash, chat can still function without delays and such, even when everyone is running in place.

So based on what you’re reporting, it means either you had a bad connection to the server(packet loss on one of the hops) or the server was choking out.

Try running a WinMTR to make sure it isn’t your connection:

Funnily enough in the evening hours the problem seemed to go down and returned to a simple 62 MS for both home and world, I will run WinMTR tomorrow during the time I experienced the lag to see if anything changes via time, maybe there’s more traffic in the day.

Thank you for explaining that stuff btw, never understood what “Home” and “World” meant when it came to latency.